1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some progress with Yahoo

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Googles76, Jan 25, 2005.

Interesting, today I noticed that my blog (http://weight-lifting-world.blogspot.com/) was indexed by Yahoo, but my site still isn't. Should I expect my site to be indexed soon? I have links from my blog to every page of my site.

Googles76, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  2. HHI Golf Guy

HHI Golf Guy Guest

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is notoriously slow for indexing pages. On the first pass they may grab a page or two, but that's usually about it. It will take months to get your site at least 3/4 indexed.

Once your site is indexed, you still need to wait a month or so for Yahoo to update their database.

Yahoo/Overture does offer their SiteMatch program, which guarantees that your site will be indexed on a regular (daily?) basis. The drawback is that you have to pay an initial fee, and then a cost per click for each of the pages that you submit to the program.

HHI Golf Guy, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  3. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    dct, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  4. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done that, but Yahoo only indexed my Blog so far.

Quick question:Is it a good idea to use your blog as a news page for your website? I was thinking of publishing all the news to my blog and have a link from my site to my blog. I think it would be better because I will not crowd my homepage and it will hopefully index me in Yahoo faster.

Googles76, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  5. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I've no idea but can it hurt? Could you not have a simple rss feed on your main site as well. Like a simple news ticker or a what's new feed, but start off listing old stuff.

dct, Jan 25, 2005 IP