1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some bloggers simply can't write! Some bad bad posts out there!!!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by ablaye, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Still, come to think of it, it takes around 5 seconds to pop the text in Ms Word and auto correct it for spelling errors. Grammar is another thing, but spelling yes, is rather annoying in blogs, given that it's so easily correctable.

Tudi, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  2. bluewriter

bluewriter Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, I think for Shoemoney, writing is not that important if you know how to market and are earning enough money out of it :D

However, you do have a point that he should improve on his writing skills. I bet his already thousands of visitors would double up once his posts become error free.

bluewriter, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  3. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    well if you can pop it into word, then you can check that grammar too. :D

jjpmarketing, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  4. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed, but I don't trust Word with the grammar :D At least not always, because sometimes it gives the silliest suggestions.

Btw, recently, Jermey Schoemaker does video posts. I think it's a really nice idea and that also eliminates the whining of people complaining of his spelling :).

Tudi, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  5. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah. i know what you are saying. i use it sometimes... and i am like, "WTF?" There is nothing wrong with that sentence. :rolleyes:

jjpmarketing, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  6. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    English is not my first language so what I can do is try to re-read and re-proof my posts in my blog :'[ you guys should be more supportive to us non-English bloggers hehe it's easy to read English but much tougher to write good ones heh heh

michael.aulia, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  7. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree. It's not our fault the Internet is english and we were born off English-speaking soil.:)

Tudi, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  8. drvenom

drvenom Peon

Best Answers:
    Its some time fun if those great people makes mistakes but this is overshadowed by their great works.No one bothers about bad grammers when it comes to shoemoney's thoughts and ideas.

drvenom, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  9. bidder

bidder Active Member

Best Answers:
    blogging are must done in fastest time and therefore don't care about spelling. don't get me wrong. minor mistake are acceptable

bidder, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  10. wpdaily

wpdaily Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's sad, but it's so true anarmyofme. The President is certainly not going to win any spelling bees:)

wpdaily, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  11. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't think that matters a lot even u don't have quality writing skills, unless you can pull in some real quality content and have lot of RSS subscribers to follow your posts ;)

Red_Virus, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  12. gc1282

gc1282 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it's like a personal blog with alot of useful information then spelling isn't a problem; I dont mind.. if its supposed to be a pro business website then it does matter... you have to keep in mind that many bloggers are from other countries, but the only thing that really matters is content.. I forgot the name of the blog but I visited a blog talking about "making money online" and it had a page rank of 4 and the grammar was pretty bad but understandable... :)

gc1282, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  13. Origano

Origano Guest

Best Answers:
    I know how you feel - but don't accuse others of something you can't do yourself either.

Sometimes this can really hurt my eyes, but on blogs of those kind of people I never complain about it. The audience isn't used to proper spelling, so to speak.

If you don't like how he writes, then you might as well visit another blog that does have proper spelling and grammar.

Just my 2c,

-Dave

Origano, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  14. Vera

Vera Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me, what has always been the attractive part of blogging (be it in a commercial blog or not) was the fact that I could use a personal and intimate writing ton in my blog posts. And honestly, I believe this is why blogging has become so popular - because we can loose the professional and serious tone and speak to the minds of the readers in a one-o-one tone.

Sooooo...I think that grammar crimes and typos are a part of the enchantment of blogging. Let the amateurs speak to their audiences and let the pros write their typos!! Its the beauty of blogging.

Vera, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  15. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    It's!

But good point Vera, blogs are more intimate than your ordinary web page. However, when you're giving out advice about a serious topic, say Internet Marketing, you don't want to come off as sloppy and have a lot of spelling errors.

My question is this. What word processor do these bloggers that have a lot of typos use? It takes around 10 seconds to pop the text in MS word and check it for spelling errors. Or maybe that's their catch: "I typo a lot, because I'm just like you, an ordinary guy". Who knows?

Tudi, Jan 25, 2008 IP