1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some bloggers simply can't write! Some bad bad posts out there!!!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by ablaye, Dec 27, 2007.

Does it annoy you when you go to a very popular blog and find out how the blog posts are written in terrible English??? I always wonder wtf??? Why do people flock to read these blogs when the bloggers clearly struggle with writing?? It sometimes takes me 2 or 3 times to re-read their blog posts to find out what they actually meant.

I just wrote about this and how some bloggers like Shoemoney really need to take some writing classes.

Do you guys notice the bad writing or am I the only one???

ablaye, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Just like going to the store and they can not add without computer. I think people just expect it now.

rcj662, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  3. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a ton of bad writing on the web. But I'm glad because it helps me stand out.

webgal, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  4. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    No offense, but I honestly don't think Shoemoney really cares if he writes poorly or not.

j0ned, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  5. JoRd

JoRd Banned

Best Answers:
    Is this an attempt to get a raise out of Jeremy and then hope he'll give you some link juice and drive traffic to your blog?!

hmmm cunning... as cunning as a fox!!

JoRd, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  6. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny. It works every time too! I read Jeremy's blog and I believe he writes well! (Link juice please)

It's kind of ironic, though. Your blog post has quite a few grammatical errors.

anarmyofme, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  7. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you read my blog post, I did say that English was NOT my strongest point. But at least I do make some efforts to run a spell checker.
    My blog is also fairly new and not popular, therefore I can get a pass on grammatical errors :D

ablaye, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  8. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know exactly what you mean. Truly annoying.

Lpspider, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  9. eragonies

eragonies Peon

Best Answers:
    em, i think the bad English would be annoying the readers..but the point is , does the blog owner aware of it? :rolleyes:

surely English is not my 1st language but I try to work hard to make a English blog post but at least I try to let the readers understand what I'm talking about.

:D

eragonies, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  10. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney may not be a writer, but he is very intelligent, an innovator and developed some highly sophisticated programming platforms (I guess that's what you'd call them).

webgal, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  11. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't judge Shoemoney on his English mates. He's brilliant and whoop you in this field

TheVccMatey, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  12. shashank4u

shashank4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can't say about shoemoney but many times i ve seen news websites have terrible english ...i ve experienced it many times... then i think that they are also people and might have written in hurry :)

shashank4u, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  13. emaz85

emaz85 Active Member

Best Answers:
    many bloggers thinks only about $$$

emaz85, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  14. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't doubt that he is intelligent. But he would help him if he was to take some writing classes :D
    Have you read his blog??? Any english teacher who read it would have a heart attack!!!

ablaye, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  15. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :eek:pens up a can of worms:

Does it really matter? Look at the President of our United States!

anarmyofme, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  16. isaa

isaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ....true :p

isaa, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  17. contentedge

contentedge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even John Chow's blog has quite a few grammatical errors and typos, but not to the extent that Shoemoney's blog has. But then, if you are the top dog of the market, whatever you say SHOULD make sense; right? :)

contentedge, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  18. peejaydee

peejaydee Peon

Best Answers:
    I notice it all the time. It can be very annoying. I think there are a few main (and complex) reasons for it at the moment.

1. The use of abbreviated text like that used in phone texting and web forums (gr8, lol, imho, etc) has made it to the blog world. It's having a negative impact on people's ability to spell correctly and their ability to care about it. I believe it to be a bad thing but many would argue that it's purely an evolution of the language and I should get over it.

2. Many of the bloggers are not native English speakers. English is a very difficult and nonsensical language to learn. Grammar and tense usage is not as logical and easy to grasp as it can be in other languages. Our freaked-out spelling (and the differences between UK and US English spelling and vocabulary) can compound the problem.

3. English language and writing just isn't taught the way it used to be. There is less emphasis on correctness and more emphasis now on making sure you're understood. I would argue the two are the same but many teachers now would disagree. I also don't think younger people are reading enough these days to be able to learn by osmosis, as it were.

4. The immediacy of blogging and the net in general means that people do not necessarily reread their text before posting. Write and forget almost. As a result, the checking mechanisms and quality safeguards used for printed media, in terms of editing, proofreading and revising, just don't apply to the majority of blog posts.

peejaydee, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  19. glennhefley

glennhefley Peon

Best Answers:
    Heh.. um... it's a BLOG... not literary content or anything else... What people or groups post on a blog is just personal thoughts... at least that's all I've ever thought of them.

and I have to admit, that I don't spend a great deal of effort insuring that my blog posts are in line with actual writing. Just like I don't spend a great deal of time on what I say in a forum post.

glennhefley, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  20. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    That is funny. Next thing you know there will be a Pulitzer Prize for Blogging. :eek:

jjpmarketing, Jan 3, 2008 IP