1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some advice

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Sven, Nov 23, 2004.

I've got a domain in the network which I block from google using robots.txt (sounds insane, but i have legit reasons).
    SEMrush
    Google sees pages from on the domain, but cannot get into the domain to crawl others (obviously).

Can anything think of a quick way to get google to FIND the pages and list them (obviously it only lists the page name, no title or description in the serps).

Sven, Nov 23, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what you mean.

Personally, I wouldn't want my ads to be wasted on your site if google weren't to see them.

If you are trying to include the site in the G index, then just remove the info from the robots.txt

SEbasic, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not possible... that's why it's done by querying Google. Your weight will only grow if search engines actually see your content.

digitalpoint, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  4. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    I have some weight, because google knows the page is there but (s)he wont index the page content.

However I think I've answered my own question, google knows about the pages because links point to them. So if I create links on other sites to all my pages google will know about them....

Sven, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google will know about them, but it will not grow your weight unless those pages are actually indexed by Google.

6. Sven

Sven Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you define "indexed" if i do "site: mysite.com" then it shows the pages.

Sven, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A page is indexed if you do a cache:www.site.com/page.html and there is content. Also, Supplemental Google results do not count either.