1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some advice on domains

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by tedari, Jul 20, 2015.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. earnlearnburn.com

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. earnlearnandburn.com

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Stop being so pedantic. It's the content that matters

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
    I am starting a blog. i have an idea for a name, but it is three things. Since i purchased the domain earnlearnandburn.com I have struggled with the name. I fear that creating a logo is troublesome as technically it should have a comma in the title. I have also purchased earnlearnburn.com without the and to match my twitter and g+ accounts. This name is problematic, because again I don’t know how to write is when I’m talking about it. Do I write earn; learn; burn, just earn learn burn or always refer to it as earnlearnburn.com?

The main thing I want to ask is, do you think a title with three words like this can work, as I haven’t seen it before. i think that earnlearnandburn.com is also difficult to type. I really should have asked these questions before I actually purchased the domains I realise.

Any guidance you can offer would be appreciated. Also, if you are able to offer any assistance with some examples of websites that have been created with sreamline pro, or if you have any ideas on how I could improve the look and feel of my site it would be amazing. (it’s a focus and productivity blog and is in the experimental stage atm)

(Since writing this I had an amazing response on Studiopress but I had already joined this community and wanted to get involved :) )

tedari, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I'd purchase both. And if I was serious enough about the project, I'd purchase multiple variations of the name. What if I wanted to revisit EarnLearnBurn.com and directly typed in BurnEarnLearn.com? I'd either think the site was no longer there or I'd have to manually search for the article and hope it pops up. And if it's a new site/article, there's a good chance it wouldn't show in the top results.

EarnLearnBurn.com is a good name, I like it, because it rhymes. 3 words isn't too long. It's catchy and brandable. Just make sure that Earn, Learn, + Burn are correctly used, if it's in any way referring to steps. Does it make more sense to use "Learn" 1st, and then "Earn", then "Burn"?

I'd use the above over the one with the "and". But again, would redirect it. Instead of using "&" in your logo. What about... Earn. Learn. Burn. Note the use of periods(.). Personally, that's what I'd do.

It can be a bit of a pain in the ass to change the name of your site after content is down, and it's been verified by webmaster accounts, used for social media, etc. But it's better to get it done now vs later if you aren't 100% happy with it.

Regardless, I'd recommend purchasing the variations. A few coupon codes later at godaddy, and it'll equal the cost of a standard registration for all of em'. Just get em' before some else on here has the chance lol.

Content is important, but the name can be equally, if not more important. Depends on how you are marketing it, whether it's service based, etc.

Edit: I didn't do any reading on streamline pro, except I noticed it was studiopress and assuming it's built on the genesis framework. From looking at the demo, there's a million free themes on wordpress.org just like it that I'm sure would accomplish your goal. The only added benefit is the genesis framework, which I've only used because I like the themes. I suppose your likely to get more 1 on 1 support + support files if you need it for customization. But if you can code at a shade above introductory, you can figure out the stuff yourself. Again, I think there's a number of free themes exactly like that, that would accomplish your goals.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    sweetpea69, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  3. tedari

tedari Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Sweetpea. Thanks for your advice friendo. I like what you have written here and it corresponds with what I was told on studiopress. I think maybe I am over thinking this and I really need to start focusing on the content.

Thanks so much for giving me a detailed breakdown. I've been checking out your domain. I had never even heard of flipping. I'm such a newb

tedari, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  4. SalvadorWilliam

SalvadorWilliam Peon

Best Answers:
    For a good site development I think user experience testing is must. This will help to know the parts of your website which are annoying and should need an improvement. use of dynamic font, textures and patterns will help your site to stand out of the crowd.

SalvadorWilliam, Jul 24, 2015 IP