1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Solusvm] What should i do if Status Offline?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by basketmen, Jul 13, 2013.

I am using Solusvm - OpenVZ for vps, and below is the control buttons right?
    [​IMG]

sometime my vps get highload because a site, the status says Offline, usually i can easily use Reboot button, and the vps will rebooted & the vps online again

but sometime looks like its not enough to use Reboot button, its still Offline, even already click it few times

so the solution i created support ticket & they are the one who make it online again, but they still very busy to answer my question : what they do to make it online again, so i can make it by my self too in the future, is it using Shutdown & Boot button or what?

basketmen, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  2. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They might be starting it manually from the node with command as below. There is a limitation as you cannot do it unless and until you have access to node as root.

vzctl start <VEID> OR vzctl restart <VEID>

MilesWeb, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  3. basketmen

basketmen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do you mean access to the physically server root, or i can run it too, from vps root?

got this from support ticket

so looks like if i cant reboot the vps using Reboot button, i must contact them, is this right?
    so what is Shutdown & Boot button then?

4. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

It sounds like there were other issues with the node that hosts your VPS. The provider stated that the node needed a reboot in order to get your container back online. If the reboot button does not work, the only other thing you could try is to log into the container via SSH, and issue the reboot command:

shutdown -r now

Code (markup):
    If this does not work, you will have to contact your provider, as they have stated.

Regards,
    Chris

RHS-Chris, Jul 13, 2013 IP
    basketmen likes this.
  5. basketmen

basketmen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you for the answer Chris, so after shutdown command, do i need to run boot command so the vps starting again?

6. RoseHosting

RoseHosting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is from the 'shutdown' man page:
    # man shutdown | grep -w '\-r' -A1
          -r    Requests that the system be rebooted after it has  been  brought
                  down.
    Code (markup):
    so no, the vps should be rebooted automatically.

RoseHosting, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  7. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For me it sounds like it's not your VPS all the time but you can also find some problems on the node that needs to be rebooted.

Otherwise rebooting in SolusVM should work

Sensei.Design, Jul 15, 2013 IP