1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Solid Writers Wanted, Up to $135 per original article

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Sacramento Website Design, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Sacramento Website Design

Sacramento Website Design Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well I am going to let people say what they want to say. I know that writers have been paid for their work, and I know there are some who haven't. Risk, gamble, or time. Not going to worry about the few negatives that are around when people are putting in solid work and getting paid for it.

I put in well over two dozen articles myself and have had a few of them get sponsored. I'm sure I have several that may never see a sponsor. But when I do the math, I am making better money doing this than selling my articles for a dollar a piece or some other garbage.

2. cochise

cochise Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    For those looking for confirmation of someone getting paid from this forum, I got an article sponsored today, my first, and got paid as well. Not bad for taking a half-hour to write an article on a subject I enjoy writing about (sports.)

cochise, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  3. Sacramento Website Design

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Awesome Cochise. Hey, what was the article? I'm somewhat disconnected from that side of the site. Actually, PM me your SN and I'll add you to my buddies when that part comes up.

4. d0rhk

d0rhk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    signed up. gonna check it out.

d0rhk, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  5. Danielle Faith

Danielle Faith Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just signed up and then I read each and every post in this thread. My thoughts are simple and as follows. SayItAloud has clearly stated their offer, they have proof that they deliver on their offer and they explained the structure. So NO it is not a scam. The question that could or should be asked though is, is it worth it to me to submit an article on SayItAloud. Well the way I figure it, if I took time out of my day each and every day to spend 15-30 minutes writing an article is that worth it? In my personal opinion, it is worth it. It might not be worth it in your opinion and that is no excuse to bash the thread owner. By doing that your wasting your time and everyones time who wants to do business and get to the facts. Personally my tip to the thread owner is to stop responding to those who are beating a dead horse. Focus on the good and the important questions.

My questions are as follows:

How Many Sponsors do you have exactly?
    What happens when an article is sponsored does it stay on SayItAloud or is it moved to the Sponsors site?
    Have you considered an "IN DEMAND" Section letting writers know what topics are well.. "In Demand"
    How do you "sell" the articles to the sponsors?
    Are these sponsors USA Based?

Thanks!

Danielle Faith, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  6. Sacramento Website Design

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First off, your right, the fact that people even here in DP are stating that they got paid is enough for me to ignore the naysayers. So nuff said there.

To answer your questions:
    1. At present there are just over 60 different sponsors, but part of my job as marketer is to increase those numbers and that's all I do all day along with two other people.
    2. The article stays on SayItAloud and becomes locked (uneditable) once the first sponsor comes on board.
    3. On our official launch we are working to get the Writer's Cafe launched and will include many features like some fun games, in site IMs, a mad lib creater, and a "Wanted" poster where sponsors can request specific articles on different topics and award their sponsorship to the best articles. Still working the kinks on that one as I don't want sponsors to come in and have 100 people writing the same article to award to one person. Still working on that.

Oh, and so far, the sponsors are all USA based, but we will totally be going for international sponsors as our popularity grows.

Any and all input is appreciated. We are trying to build a proper community.

7. ohreallymoney

ohreallymoney Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I saw someone selling a freelance site, you could of used that for the job offering thing, maybe he still has the script? Anyways, My articles get me 35$ at .01 a word so everyone, please stop bashing us .01 per word article hoes out there, on another note, I think you should hire people to read the articles, because who is going to spend time tor ead an article? Get people who own automated blogs to subscribe to your RSS feed, then your articles may be on google news or somewhere and then you willg et more sponsors, remember the SEO aspect ;) How much does it cost to be a sponsor?

ohreallymoney, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  8. Sacramento Website Design

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Actually the process involves us having each and every article read. Our sales staff reads and article and goes through our system of determining if the article is clone or spun (don't ask how your uncle does the magic trick, he won't tell). After an article is approved, that same person goes through our list of sponsors and if they do not find someone who would benefit from them, they try to find new sponsors (again, not telling). The marketing team (me and two others at the moment) not only help get new writers to the site but work on gaining a wider variety of sponsors. Sponsors become official sponsors once they sponsor their first article.

All the RSS feeds are being submitted as we speak to a ton of sites (fun).

Since I am here from 6:30 every morning to 10:30 every night, you can imagine how swamped I am.

BTW, wasn't bashing you at all, been there and done that. But just because we have been there, doesn't mean there can't be something better.

9. ohreallymoney

ohreallymoney Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    :) So what happens when 2 sponsors fight over my articles? And can I sponsor an article?

ohreallymoney, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  10. iska

iska Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just posted my first article on SEO under Business category. Hope it gets sponsored soon! :D

iska, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  11. Sacramento Website Design

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If we get two sponsors fighting over your article we lock them in a msall cargo container in LA with 6 paperclips, 2 sticks of gum, a rubber band, and a hamster until there is only one left. Seriously, all articles are first come first serve. Yes, anyone with a business that does not violate our TOS can become a sponsor. Just got to the sponsors page of Say It Aloud for more information.

I hope everyone's articles get sponsored iska. That is part of my job and I won't stop till we have more sponsors waiting at the door than writers publishing articles.

12. arooh

arooh Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    we have good and colified writers if you want us to work with you guys then send us a post we hope fully stands at your standerd..best regards

arooh, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  13. Sacramento Website Design

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Guys, solid writing skills are a requirement. Translation software is nowhere near perfect.

14. twisted_illusions

twisted_illusions Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just visited your site. Is your thing the same as Helium?

twisted_illusions, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  15. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Heres me thinking it was the 20th February and not April 1st.

Happy April Fools Day everyone!

Vic_mackey, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  16. Sacramento Website Design

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is that an olive branch Vic, or just taking time to dig into someone?

17. Sacramento Website Design

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No, the marketing strategies and cross section are completely different. Helium only wants experts in any given field and their revenue is mainly planned around ppc advertising.

18. TomoeMichieru

TomoeMichieru Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just signed up.

Is the grandfathered commission rate still in place?

TomoeMichieru, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  19. Sacramento Website Design

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    pretty sure. If you go to the site and click on the users you can see how many writers there are registered right now. Pretty sure they are killing it at 500 but I hope not.

20. TomoeMichieru

TomoeMichieru Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm good then - there are 424 users registered and I'm pretty sure I'm close to the most recent.

TomoeMichieru, Feb 19, 2009 IP