1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Software or web portal for kiosk touchscreen tourist info center?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by asteraki1976, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello

I am looking for a solution for a small island to create some touchscreen kiosks with info about many categories like:

Restaurants
    Phone numbers
    Cafe's
    and more......

I need to be flexible so i can add/remove/edit easy any entry on any main category !

Also it must be possible to update all new entries remotely :)

Security is high priority to avoid hacks....

I will use a touchscreen for this and i am thinking Windows 7 or 8.

I am not sure if it is the best way to do this is a web site portal or to create a software using Visual Basic or Delphi or maybe C++ ?

I found this one for protecting the pc from hacks and use a portal to display all the info as one solution:

http://www.sitekiosk.com/SiteKiosk/Default.aspx
    Code (markup):
    What is your opinion on how to do this?

Thank you

asteraki1976, May 11, 2013 IP
  2. tandac

tandac Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did one up with Flex for the front end and PHP/MySQL for the backend. In my case it was a real estate kiosk where people could browse and look at houses. Provided the kiosk has an Internet connection it's pretty easy to build.

PM for details

tandac, May 12, 2013 IP
  3. WeddiGo

WeddiGo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been devloping custom kiosk systems for 12 years using the good old Director, but unfortunately it's not the best solution now with Win8 (here is my best seller http://www.synchronik.com/siteEng/index.asp)

What I would recommend is that you run the kiosk as a server and use PHP/MySql and maybe jQueryMobile for the interface. Like that you don't require the internet connection a everything can run locally and just have a small updater exe that would from time to time connect to a remote server and download your content updates.

Let me know if you need more advice or help (I am also available on a contract basis)

You can PM me at

WeddiGo, May 14, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.