1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Software for Managing Links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Ajeet, Sep 18, 2004.

1. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    Along with the other link building efforts, try signing up with powerlinks.com

It's pretty worth it IMO, and requires no effort besides adding one single link to the page you want to promote (which will link to the dirctory they generate for you). You get over one thousand links from different IPs (other members) in return.

spdude, Jan 18, 2005 IP
    honey likes this.
  2. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exchanging links with reciprocal manager is a little hard i think because you have to add the link information from the other website yourself in order to exchange links with a webmaster. You have to fill in all the fields yourself and then find the page where that link will appear. It's easier to do that in normal html.

But on the other hand once the system is setup it will get you link requests and you only have to click a link to approve that link and it will appear on your link page.

I have tried Powerlinks and after a few months nothing happened. The problem with Powerlinks is that all the link pages are similar and that means duplicate content. As you ask me this is the same as a linkfarm.

Vic, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  3. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    what about the sites which are plain static sites like html pages created with help of html creator sites. and when they dont have PHP or ASP used (atleast appears to the end user - webmaster here). can still he use link swapping by anyway?

maverick, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  4. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you can swap links with normal html link pages, it's only more work.

Reciprocal manager generates also html pages but the script is PHP. You have the option to give it any extension you wish.

Vic, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    The biggest problems with LinkMarket are:

1.) They only check the status of the link at the exchange not after so many webmasters immediately take the recip down

2.) It is a bit tedious if you use it a lot because everything has to be cut and paste. They tried to help this a little bit by allowing you to do 10 at a time but there are other areas that are exceptionally tedious.

3.) Once someone signs up they are there for life so the listed sites many times are long gone or you get no response. They should add a tiem out for non paying members....If you don't sign on for 3 months, you're account doesn't get displayed. That would help immensely.

yfs1, Jan 25, 2005 IP
    honey likes this.
  6. Catfish

Catfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Arelis will generate php pages. The reason I like Arelis is that it worked for me. I haven't used the others. But it worked VERY well. I wouldn't try to manage more than 10 sites with it though. It just becomes to cumbersome after a while to figure out who has linked to who since its not a central database. The templates are easy you just have to be willing to invest some time to get it running. But that makes it more customizable which in this day of link farms is nice. Thats my 2 cents.

Catfish, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  7. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I tried out Linkmarket I got tens of link requests a day and after adding a few of them to my website I never heard back from those website and they never linked to me. It was really bad, only 1 in 10 link requests linked to my site.

And a lot of untargeted link requests you'll receive.

Vic, Jan 26, 2005 IP
  8. San Diego Real Estate

San Diego Real Estate Peon

Best Answers:
    Ajeet,

What Link Manager Software have you been using and what kind of results have you been getting?
    I need to get this very labor intensive project off my hands and install the best!

Advise please...

San Diego Real Estate, Feb 7, 2005 IP
  9. mj99

mj99 Peon

Best Answers:
    This links management site isn't free, but very cheap at the moment. The default link exchanges are automatic but users may easily filter out exchanges with sites or even entire categories.

It is also very easy for users to include the directories locally, on their own servers. That way, eventually, most of the exchanges are from different IP addresses instead of only from the services server.

www.linksrocket.com

mj99, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  10. sahar

sahar Guest

Best Answers:
    ye Ajeet after all the advice we offered what did you go for in the end ?

sahar, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  11. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    This might help you check reciprocal links yourself:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=111

dfsweb, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  12. sahar

sahar Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi ian_ ok

check reciprocation option is available in link swapper, I did not cheack for a long time since the system only lets in links that are reiprocating, I understand that is what you are looking for, but if if you are looking for other options you can suuggest them at the link-swapper forum:
    http://link-swapper.com/forum/
    saw that someone wanted a new feature and they implamanted it within a week

sahar, Feb 21, 2005 IP
  13. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone want to build inbound links but not want to go through all the hassel of finding, submitting and tracking? I can make your life a little more easy for you. PM me for more details.

Web Gazelle, Feb 21, 2005 IP
  14. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is, isn't it? :cool:

Web Gazelle, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  15. sumapark

sumapark Guest

Best Answers:
    how about this: www.directory33.com

sumapark, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  16. garyfugere

garyfugere Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like it might be weak on helping one find and contact new reciprocal link partners?

I'd be curious if anyone has used them.
    http://www.infowizardspro.com/

garyfugere, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  17. JonahViaKeyboard

JonahViaKeyboard Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got to give the vote to Arelis. It keeps you in charge of everything, which is important in outbound linking. Anything too automated is engine detectable. If you use it to manage contacts, and then combine their directory pages with your page templates, you should be unique in both your coding and content.

JonahViaKeyboard, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  18. TheAdMan

TheAdMan Peon

Best Answers:
    www.express-marketing.com is a link directory with approximately 4000 link partners. It's another source of link partners.

TheAdMan, May 11, 2005 IP
  19. sahar

sahar Guest

Best Answers:
    rather use a free tool like Link-Swapper

sahar, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  20. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:
    Ian,

I setup Link Machine on a client's site (asp) and she's pretty happy with it. I believe you still need php to run it, but it will work on Windows or Linux. There is a free version as well as a premium.

Reciprocal Manager is another, but I wouldn't recommend it (lots of incorrect results when using the backlink check feature).

You can also use www.WSNlinks.com. It's a more full feature program which you can use to create a very indepth directory.

Dreamshop, Jun 16, 2005 IP