1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Software and Licensing

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by plainsnet, May 30, 2006.

Shawn,

We have tried to contact you by phone AND email for the last 4 months with no response. Each time we have called we get a mailbox full message and our emails go unanswered.

Also you ask about a phone support contract? I've been informed from my boss whom made the purchase of OptiGold from you that that was NOT a purchased service at the time. As a matter of fact I see nowhere on your site that it requires the purchase of phone support. It clearly does however read "Support/Upgrades Free For Life" so question are you negating on your published policy?

As for what We've been requesting is a copy of what license's our company holds, and the products that we have purchased from you.

Also we have made many inquiries on how to create custom reports from data of the broadband page that are needed, as these fields are not available in the reports window. Other things we have tried to contact you about are, full paypal integration, server events ( we are lacking in the amount we can use ).
    And many other oddities.

Thank you
    Ryan
    Plains.Net

plainsnet, May 30, 2006 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think we have used OG since 98' and at that time the "free support" as I understood it was via email and the "list" at the time (now the forum, I assume). There was a "paid" phone support option, even at that time. I cannot say I have ever had a problem getting email or "list" support/answers to questions.

I may not have always liked the answer/s, but I did get them, and that support (was) is free as I understand it.

YMMV.

Mia, May 30, 2006 IP
  3. plainsnet

plainsnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Mia,

I'll accept that phone support is a paid service, if it is printed so. I have no problems with that and will accept it. And don't get me wrong OG is a great product and our company loves it, but we don't understand the lack of communication.

Our company has spent a great deal of money on this product and don't wish to change, however if some of these outstanding issues are not resolved we will have no choice but to change.

Unfortunately OG needs more flexability to withstand the changing ISP market. And when phone calls and emails get nowhere on the issues we have, it doesn't present a great deal of faith in the product we have invested greatly in.

Ryan

plainsnet, May 30, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The phone support is free for 90 days from the day of purchase. Beyond that, there is a cost. The free support beyond the 90 day window is limited to email and forum. It's always been that way (it's not a new change or anything):

http://www.digitalpoint.com/products/pricing.html

I pulled our email system up, and the only email we have from anyone at plains.net in the last 18 months is one from from December 28, 2005 requesting a copy of their licensing. Both FileMaker and Optigold key licensing were delivered to that address as a response. I can have them resent if you want...

digitalpoint, May 30, 2006 IP
  5. plainsnet

plainsnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Please do Shawn, we never got that, we have sent many other emails, however I'll just submit the same questions on the board here for you. As they are all programming questions with OG

Ryan

plainsnet, May 31, 2006 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Resent... you should have 2 different emails.

digitalpoint, May 31, 2006 IP