1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Softie granted Search Patent

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by anthonycea, Sep 13, 2004.

M$ was awarded a search engine patent, it seems that everyone from Google to IBM are getting in on the patent game also. Compar posted a Google patent in the McDar thread if anyone is interested.

http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3406551

The above article explains this patent story.

anthonycea, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  2. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I think that Shawn should start preparing patent applications for some of his tools. What say? :)
    Ajeet

Ajeet, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Who's Shawn?

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Someone that is going to ban you without warning if you ask that idiotic question ever again.

Actually, I'm going to ban you if you ask any question that you already know the answer to (seriously).

digitalpoint, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  5. Dji-man

Dji-man Peon

Best Answers:
    the patent is about using the tab key to go through a site's links. It has nothing to do with SE, only with browsers. Anyway, I doubt it's enforceable as it was already used in most browsers, including lynx, before 1997.

Think makes me think that i'm wasting my time working as a webmaster (whatever that is). I should spend my time filing patent applications for commonly used things and sue you guys for using them.

I'm collecting ideas for inventions that haven't been patented yet and that are widely used. I already have in mind "to process of using a push button or switch to regulate the flow of electricity to an appliance or motor" and "the process of using a hinge to control the opening of gaps in wall or any closed area to allow the passage of air, people or other man or nature made things. Any other ideas? :D :D

Dji-man, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  6. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    A device used to transfer liquid (and certian solid foodstuffs for that matter) from some kind of food container to your mouth - I call it the spoon.

SEbasic, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    A patent for asking stupid questions for the sake of humor that is not humor to the higher ups :D

8. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    So you're too good for "low brow" humor?

I could go through the DP archives and find some of your old classics, although I probabally wouldn't understand them because they are for the higher ups.

SEbasic, Sep 13, 2004 IP