1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Signal Shark Review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Mkcoy, Jun 19, 2015.

Hello please take a look through and around socialsignalshark.com

The Social Signal Shark provides high quality social signals.

We are only a few days old and realize we have some tweaks to do but we'd appreciate your feedback in these early days to help us grow and mature.

Thanks!

Mkcoy, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Except for the sleazy scam-like crap you're selling, the page looks clean - although there are some glaring problems right-away - for instance, under the different packages, it's stated that you can click on one to get more info - well, no. Nothing happens, and why is it only possible to click on the top "heading" (the name) - why not the whole content? Also, under that, you have a sneaky way to get people to like your site - good enough, but there is no Facebook button there at all.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi popsicle. What makes you think/say its "scam like crap"? It's just social signals.
    Where does it say click on one to get more info?
    Regarding the header, the sites name/title is hyperlinked. But the header is the header.
    What sneaky way to get people to like my site do you mean?
    Also the Facebook button is showing here in firefox, chrome and IE.
    What browser are you using?

Mkcoy, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Latest Firefox. But it might be because of settings in Firefox - yep, it's to do with the cross-domain fetching being turned off (the Facebook-button). You're selling packages that give people likes, tweets etc. This, in my book, is as close to a scam you get without it being an actual scam. Buying likes and content is... sorry. Not my thing.
    As for the packages, it would be easier if the whole column was clickable.

And I'm referring to this:
    Clicking on the different tabs (I'm assuming that by tabs you mean packages - nothing else looks like tabs) does nothing.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  5. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your feedback popsicle. Not sure what the Facebook button has to do with it as its the Twitter button that doesnt show in Firefox not the Facebook like button.

Yeah they are not tabs, that is a pricing table and they are not meant to be clickable. You can hover over them and they are enlarged.
    Have you never seen a pricing table before? All the info about them is displayed underneath in the tabs that explain what they are.

Note how it says "click on the different tabs etc etc" then right below that, is a bunch of tabs. It says that BELOW the pricing tables so not sure what would make you think that the pricing table is what its referring to and not the actual tabbed tabs below it. You either have to be incredibly stupid or almost blind not to notice them.

There is nothing scam like about selling social signals and social marketing packages mate.
    I don't know what experiences you've had in the past with social signal resellers but its all very genuine and above board.

Thanks for your feedback though mate.

Cheers.

Mkcoy, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Uhm - are you referring to the headings below? Those aren't tabs, mate. Tabs (on the web) = horisontal menu-like items. Granted, they can be vertical as well (although not that common on the web), but they're not tabs on your page. They're headings. I suggest rewriting that paragraph. Just rephrase it to "headings" or something. Tabs are usually meant as the top label / "tab" on filing-folders, and hence can be vertical or horisontal depending on whether or not they're within a larger binder or in a drawer. Headings != tabs.

That's why I was confused, since the only thing resembling tabs where the headings on the packages.

I'm not saying that the business of selling the packages are a scam - I'm saying "signal boosting" is a scam in general, since it takes away quite a bit of the point of looking at recommendations, number of likes, etc. Especially since these "signal boosts" rarely is upfront about them being paid for their recommendation (in Norway, this would basically be illegal in many ways, since it would be considered hidden advertising).

PoPSiCLe, Jun 20, 2015 IP