1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Norms on State of Dress - do you ever just feel wishy-washy?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rebecca, Feb 11, 2015.

Seeing this news headline: "Montana Lawmaker Says Yoga Pants Should Be Illegal"
    It's sensationalistic news. Reading that headline, it conjures up visions of the morality police in some backward place.

But this caught my eye:
    So, he's kind of pushing back. And I can agree with him on that part - being completely nude in non-designated public spaces is probably not part of freedom of speech. It would make me feel awkward. Some people I might like to see naked - but the majority? No. That part of the article gave me some compassion where he's coming from. If you look at the article, you can see a pic of three examples of yoga pants on the top: Here

The pink version on the left seems especially revealing. I would imagine that for someone conservative, it's possible, it would make them feel awkward - almost like seeing someone naked! When this conservative politician presented this bill, apparently they giggled and threw it away -
    It is pretty funny. :)

With that said, I would find those tight fitting pink yoga pants to be even more of an eyesore if worn by a heavy set individual. I know that doesn't sound nice - but it's true. I don't think I'm alone on that. It's probably something that would be featured on a "Shoppers at Walmart" kind of a site. So, when do my rights supercede the wearer of offensive clothing? Probably just if they're completely naked - and that's okay.

Although - I feel like I can relate, at least to some degree, to everyone's position. That's why I say I'm wishy-washy on this subject. Any views - where do you draw the line?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Rebecca, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like that "The pink version on the left seems especially revealing. I would imagine that for someone conservative, it's possible, it would make them feel awkward - almost like seeing someone naked" thing as people come in a heck of a lot more shades of colour than pink last time I looked. :)

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 11, 2015 IP