1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networks and Search

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by www.amagit.com, Nov 9, 2009.

How are Facebook and Twitter capitalizing on search technologies? I know in general that such companies want to expand into search, but what should they do to be most successful? Do you think a social network will ever trump Google because of personalized data?

www.amagit.com, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  2. GChoi

GChoi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would depend on how Facebook and all other social networking sites use their personalized data. But I would rather think both Google and some of the bigger social networking sites (i.e. Facebook, etc) will coexist for a long time. Users need "search" and users also need to "network".

GChoi, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  3. isport

isport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are massive, and have the opportunity to out-bid anyone else for competitors, rivals, etc in their market places. Smilarly Sky / Murdoch are absolutely brilliantly positioned, even if it did take its eye off the ball with myspace.

isport, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  4. radiskulllesbo

radiskulllesbo Guest

Best Answers:
    they'll never be better than google. They so old in the industry, I'm pretty sure nobody will be able to out run them

radiskulllesbo, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  5. ElMaZaGaNgI

ElMaZaGaNgI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No one will get over google! Unless it's a BETTER search engine, and google is the best, it gets you really what you are looking for, so it's difficult even for Microsoft and other agencies involved in bing or Yahoo! to do better or even like google.

Without Google, or search engines people will have difficulties using the web, also webmasters will be gravely affected. Everyone use Google and search engines, but not everyone is using Facebook and other Social Networks, we can get rid of them and the Internet will still be working.

That's what I think :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
    ElMaZaGaNgI, Nov 17, 2009 IP