1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networking

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shemseddine, Aug 10, 2014.

I have started a new project which I am really serious about and taking a lot of time into planning and making sure it wouldn't have too many problems but I thought about the other aspects of the startup.. marketing.

So I have a twitter account with around 7/8k followers but most of these (prob all) people wouldn't give a damn if I wrote something about it.

I decided to start another twitter account where I'm following people that are useful (most of them wrote great articles) but I have got no followers.

tldr;

How do you think I should go about social media? Should I just stick to a twitter account? What shall I write about?

shemseddine, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  2. Shivangi1988

Shivangi1988 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, you should work on all 4 social media platform(Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn) Make it a point that you share every day. It will take time.

Shivangi1988, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  3. alextaylor12

alextaylor12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    social media is the next bug thing now and this has truly revolutionized the whole way marketing is done these days with the advent of Facebook and Twitter.

alextaylor12, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind when you tweet your tweet can be found by anyone (followers or not). I often find what I want on Twitter using hashtags. So if you add hashtags to your tweets the likelihood of them being found increases. I know these are all basics but we all sometimes need to be reminded of them.

Also having more than one Twitter account helps reaching a larger audience. There's this one B2B advertising company, it probably has 20 accounts and they are all growing.

qwikad.com, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  5. r2r

r2r Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you wont get followers instantly. Whatever you have started, post tweets that are useful in that niche, schedule tweets for atleast few days on daily basis. and also use any software where you can manage / follow twitter based on the niche. It will take around a month to see some really good follower based, if you religiously tweet and follow

r2r, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  6. iHaveGreatIdea

iHaveGreatIdea Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget Tumblr, it's a huge social network and microblogging platform that can be very usefull. It hosts over 197 000 000 blogs.

iHaveGreatIdea, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  7. shemseddine

shemseddine Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know that at some people I should be on these. I mean I already have all these but I was young when I created them and mostly used them for unnecessary things. What I'm trying to say is, should I stay or create everything from fresh.

My friends/followers wouldn't probably want to hear what I put about my startup and probably get pissed off.

shemseddine, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  8. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start a fresh account, probably maintaining Facebook and Twitter is fine. Create a content social media calendar to schedule your tweets and content to be posted. Keep your post simple, create hashtags, and if possible post pictures to catch more traffic and eventually followers. Post relevantly to your niche.

chinesegirl07, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  9. JoshSmith100

JoshSmith100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why wouldn't you use more than twitter? It is free promotion for your site man, free promotion is never a bad thing.

JoshSmith100, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  10. shemseddine

Best Answers:
    Yeah thanks! Really helpful stuff here. And the reason why I'm saying just start with one social network (mainly twitter) is it hard to keep it up to date and write stuff constantly and when you're starting off with hardly any followers, it will be hard to use all these networks without and following.

shemseddine, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  11. chinesegirl07

Best Answers:
    Planning is the solution. :)

chinesegirl07, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  12. shemseddine

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree. I've read some articles on this and some suggest that you can use some kind of software or website where you can schedule your tweets/status updates so that you can write them before hand and I guess appear to be active constantly.

shemseddine, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  13. Ashford2

Ashford2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on how many followers you have on twitter if they are not that much,you can use other social media, but i would prefer for you to stick to the four social media cause it would take time for your blog to gain traffic

Ashford2, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  14. chinesegirl07

Best Answers:
    You can use Buffer App or Podio.. Not sure with Podio if they have free user application.

chinesegirl07, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  15. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Start afresh, at least you'll have a better idea of the quality of the number.

Ethan Alvin, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  16. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would start with Twitter and Facebook, once those are running steadily then move on to Linked in and Google+. If your site is very visual such as Food, or Fashion then I would get going with pinterest. After that I would sign up for a few Social Bookmarking Sites.

al

agmccall, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  17. shemseddine

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's very true. I'm not as active at them moment as I have started and have not revealed anything about the project but I will when I start. Follow me on twitter if you'd like @shems42

shemseddine, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  18. Ketty Henry

Ketty Henry Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How do you think I should go about social media? Should I just stick to a twitter account? What shall I write about?
    No, you should work on maximum social media platform but make sure their PR is not less then 5 and make it a point that you share every day. you can share on Facebook,twitter,Google+,LinkedIn,Pinterest,Delicious,Tumblr and Reddit. It will take time but make sure your content is original and valuable. If your content and info is valuable then people automatically follow you. And if you are running a website then link it with your social profiles. It also helps you to make it popular easily.

Ketty Henry, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  19. shemseddine

Best Answers:
    Starting off with 5+ accounts with no content will be so hard to manage and will look like you're just spamming. Probably do more harm than good if anything

shemseddine, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  20. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of tools out there to help you keep up with multiple social media accounts so you are not frazzled. Be sure to know who your target market is, connect with other businesses on the social media platforms so share and offer up valuable content.

JessUBotNinja, Aug 13, 2014 IP