1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social network script - Socialengine or DZOIC?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by loko, Aug 4, 2008.

1. stewie09

stewie09 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also selling a legitimate copy of DZOIC Handshakes Professional software which includes the brand removal free option. Let me know if you are interested.

stewie09, Jul 4, 2009 IP
  2. rezafauzi

rezafauzi Peon

Best Answers:
    why not try free first? such as phpizabi or elgg

rezafauzi, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  3. Intellectsoft

Intellectsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see any sense in wasting time on free scripts.
    Buy the one like phpfox with a wide choice of mods available, and start creating your website with a well-established script.

Intellectsoft, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  4. e96

e96 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with both points. i played around a little with dolphin...ended up realizing quality is rarely free and went with phpfox--definitely a quality script and now i have 2 phpfox based sites

e96, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  5. RoopJeans

RoopJeans Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is there any script which is in real manner s a free script with out any bounds?
    like Bronnex says its free but its not free. you have still a bound to put their Logo and link in the footer inorder to use it.
    so that doesn't make a sense to be free.
    any of you know any script which is really free and having no bounds?

RoopJeans, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  6. zephyr1977

zephyr1977 Peon

Best Answers:
    Elgg is completely free and open source, I can't give you any usefull info on any of them though as I am just about to start evaluating a few of them myself and was looking for suggestions myself. In general Elgg has gotten good reviews from what I've seen and grown beyond it's original educational focus. I believe PHPizabi is free and open source too (although I didn't see anything on their website saying so...also nothing saying they charged but I believe it is) and apparently was dead until 10 days ago. It looks nice but being that it's history hasn't been very stable I wouldn't tie a serious project to it until it proves it's a viable project.

zephyr1977, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  7. phpNoob

phpNoob Peon

Best Answers:
    Have anyone tried joomla? It's free and has really go reviews!

phpNoob, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  8. phpNoob

phpNoob Peon

Best Answers:
    Forget what I said, I just found a whole subforum for joomla I'm going over there to read reviews.

phpNoob, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  9. zephyr1977

zephyr1977 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard good things about Joomla but never used it. I'm thinking about trying it out. The only thing I'm worried about is I've heard once you start adding a lot of modules the administration can become a pain. On the plus side there are some very nice templates out there for Joomla. I tried out phpfox yesterday since they have the 30 day money back guarantee but I wasn't extremely impressed. The admin area is really clunky, there are a few good templates but not much to choose from, customization looks like it would be a bit of a pain, and lastly what really annoyed me is that there is a lot of what should be basic functions, like being enable to add SEO friendly links, which you have to pay a lot more money for. ($99 for the SEO links and that's just the begining of the mods you'd have to buy). Now it does look like they have a lot of interesting mods but some of the stuff should have been included from the begining. On the plus side I got a chance to look at the beta version of phpfox2 and it looks very nice especially on the admin side and I believe incorporates some of the features I was just complaining about not being included.

zephyr1977, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  10. e96

e96 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am looking forward to phpfox version 2 for both of my fox sites. personally, i found customizing the program pretty easy--(phpfox is well coded and I'm a programmer by profession)...joomla is supposed to be good but, from what i've heard, you'll have to implement a lot of customizations that will be no less trivial than fox. joomla is supposed to have a steep learning curve but, on the plus side, supposed to have a lot of punch. the question to ask and maybe look into is--how much would it cost you to get your customizations done for joomla (which is baseline free) vs phpfox vs whatever else you're looking into--in all likelihood, you'll need to do customizations to whatever it is you end up going with.

e96, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  11. iSkaDate

iSkaDate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi folks. My name is Tim and I represent SkaDate dating and community software.
    As far as I can see somebody tries to slander SkaDate. If there would be real complaints we would be snowed under with dozens of messages of outraged complaints against our company. But we are not snowed, because these reviews are written by non-existent customers.

We provide professional support via ticket system and free public forum. SkaDate well trained support staff resolve issues in a timely manner.

If you have any questions you are always welcome to ask them. Visit SkaDate web site: www.SkaDate.com

Check SkaDate Blog: www.skalfa.com/press/

Stay tuned because SkaDate is going to release something new this time.

Thanks for your attention.
    Regards, Tim.

iSkaDate, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  12. harsekar

harsekar Peon

Best Answers:
    harsekar, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  13. Moxie Maxwell

Moxie Maxwell Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used Dzoic and PhpFox, and now I am testing out vBulletin for a social site. vBulletin dot org, appears to have more and more addons every other day that can make a better social site.

Moxie Maxwell, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  14. vicz

vicz Active Member

Best Answers:
    i like the phpfox i can not think about using any thing us

vicz, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  15. AndrewBo

AndrewBo Peon

Best Answers:
    I (although a developer of a dating script) will always recommend: GO CUSTOM.
    We develop abledating at http://www.abledating.net and have this site also: http://abk-experts.com/
    Here you can order a completely unique solution, not to over-saturate the web with clones of different dating software scripts.
    There is only one piece of advice one can give here: GO CUSTOM!!! Get an open source solution and change it until it is unique. Of cource it is easier to do this when you have a script with a lot of features like abledating from the beginning.

AndrewBo, Dec 15, 2009 IP