1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Media?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Amy B, Jul 7, 2014.

Do you think that social media is still a good way of advertising a new product or an e-commerce startup company? I am not sure because times are always changing. Do people actually still pay attention to Facebook or Twitter as much as in the past?

Amy B, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  2. CobaltBlue87

CobaltBlue87 Member

Best Answers:
    It is definitely an effective way to get traffic to your website or sales page. From there you'll have to let it do the work. Try to get legit followers and friends and it can still be effective. You'll need to use all tools available to be as successful as possible, so why not try?

CobaltBlue87, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  3. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the niche. Not every niche benefit a lot from social media. If your business is related to travel, entertainment, fun, etc.. then it will ripe the most benefits from social media. Though every business can benefit from keeping existing customers informed about promos, new items and create engagement.

kalseo, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  4. Markwebuk

Markwebuk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social media is one of the most effective ways to let people know about your website/product/company. But you cannot rely on it for generating business, rather identify other sources of communicating with your targeted audience.
    Typically, a strong marketing strategy would consist of :
    • Content Marketing - Blog, forums, product reviews, infographics, guest articles etc.
    • Email Marketing
    • Social Media Promotions
    This is a must have for start-ups, later as your business grows, you may think of investing in Google Ads or other ads. networks to grow your reach.

Markwebuk, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  5. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with you

m.sivarajan, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  6. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    Social is absolutely useful.

What's important, though, is to remember that a "catch-all" approach is really the opposite of the best way to go about using social media to market your eCommerce site. Rather, digital marketers must remember to focus on social media sites that are going to be relevant to their audiences.

So if your online store is selling skateboarding apparel...you might not want to be focusing your marketing efforts on LinkedIn. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, though? Definitely musts, all three of them.

Content marketing was mentioned in a previous comment, and this is the way to get the most bang for your buck when you're employing a social media marketing campaign. If your social channels are tied to a blog that's curating and creating great content that suits the interests and concerns of your audience, you'll already be doing content marketing better than most.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

Solid Commerce, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  7. jeenarosy

jeenarosy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social Media is the best and effective way for the promotion of your new product.Sharing options in the social media helps you a lot in letting people know about your product.A strong marketing strategy is needed to advertise your product with good content and with catchy title that should attract your visitor and converts their likes into sales.

jeenarosy, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  8. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. You are right. I'm completly agree with you. Social media helps if product is acceptable by people.
    Otherwise it's just waste of time.

yagnik, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  9. ca-detz

ca-detz Member

Best Answers:
    eh? Facebook and Twitter are by far the most used social networks. What else is there? Tagged? Hi5? Not nearly as many users, and the other big ones are country-specific like for PRC/Chinese users and such.

I'd say in most if not all cases, where does your target market reside and what platform do they use? Facebook and Twitter as high traffic media generally are best for mass market products IMHO. It all depends on your target market/ideal customer, and how s/he uses social media.

Social media is not some overarching panacea for marcoms/engagement. Like all marketing....well it depends. Marketing is variable after all.

ca-detz, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  10. ChristyMathew

ChristyMathew Member

Best Answers:
    yeah! its working, also the popular social media like facebook and twitter has announced the new updates for marketing over them, also its looks favorable for marketers.

ChristyMathew, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  11. JosephMorin

JosephMorin Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, social media marketing is still working and it is the best way to promote any new product or an e-commerce startup company. As we all know how much everyone is habituated of using social media. Every age group has their profile on social networks. It is the best platform to attract people and gain traffic to your website, as well as also good for a new product promotion.

JosephMorin, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  12. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn, SlideShare, and Vine come to mind.

Of course, not every platform is relevant to every company -- but not a single one of those platforms is one whose numbers preclude it from becoming a potentially HUGE asset when used properly. You can find examples of large and small companies alike using each of these platforms to very useful effect.

It's just all about knowing your audience and how to create the right kind of content for it!

Solid Commerce, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  13. ChristyMathew

ChristyMathew Member

Best Answers:
    Of course i agree with these conversations.

ChristyMathew, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  14. Danielzo

Danielzo Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I’ve never really used social media in order to promote my products as it I was always afraid of advertising with an account that has false followers and no user engagement.

I’m still thinking whether I should create an account designed for my business and take it from there, but I’m not sure if paying for likes etc. is worth a try either.

Danielzo, Aug 8, 2014 IP
    ETA likes this.
  15. efforts unlimited

efforts unlimited Member

Best Answers:
    It is tru that facebook works like anything.It helps us to get traffic in the current scenario.
    these things work on social sites
    1) Presence of widgets and badges

2) Sharing of content

3) Social signing in

4) Commenting on social sites

efforts unlimited, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  16. DarrellKRemley

DarrellKRemley Peon

Best Answers:
    SMM, is a type of web showcasing that actualizes different social networking systems keeping in mind the end goal to attain promoting correspondence and marking objectives. Social networking basically covers social imparting of substance, features, and pictures for promoting purposes.Using of social sites like facebook , Twitter will definetly benificial.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    DarrellKRemley, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  17. John Cariaso

John Cariaso Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Media is good but not as good as Google Shopping ads, SEO or email marketing. But social media should be included in all comprehensive marketing efforts.

John Cariaso, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  18. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they do and I also sell social media advertising and it does really well so others obviously still like it!

My Weight Loss Dream, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  19. tuiykkwr

tuiykkwr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think that social media is a good platform for promoting a new product or newly startup company, because nowadays everyone get active on social sites (Fb, Twitter etc.) mostly 24x7. I advise you to create a Fb Page by the name of your product or company and you can promote it easily.

tuiykkwr, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  20. Alex Steven

Alex Steven Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes. Social media you have to concentrate on. Twitter Now Lets Anyone Check How Many People Saw Their Tweets- isnt it good?

Alex Steven, Aug 27, 2014 IP