1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Media vs Email Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jasontn, Dec 2, 2016.

I don't think a lot of people read emails, so I think social media is the new way of doing things. However, unlike with email, you often have to pay to communicate to your own list. However, the price might be worth it.

jasontn, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  2. intlum

intlum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I vote for social media

intlum, Dec 6, 2016 IP
  3. Joyce1

Joyce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    social media is the best site for drive more traffic for a website

Joyce1, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  4. Olivia_callbackhunter

Olivia_callbackhunter Peon

Best Answers:
    My vote for social networks and online chat-rooms on websites instead of emails. When customer finds all the answers in the very beginning it's much better than setting expectations on emails, i think. Especially now, when there is so large selection of free chat-rooms and so developed social networks.

Olivia_callbackhunter, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  5. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If an email is written well than purpose can be served. because email marketing provide targeted audience.

karen9999, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  6. mtz

mtz Member

Best Answers:
    Much depends on your approach and niches.
    We need a working strategy to successfully promote our projects.

mtz, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  7. dls2016

dls2016 Peon

Best Answers:
    Both social media and email marketing have their ups and downs.

Personally, I use email marketing in my affiliate work and it works really well, mostly because I have a well targeted niche, and I think this is the SECRET using email marketing.

On the other hand, social media, it works on the same basics, but it is slightly more easy to use. You will still need a target audience so you can have a good conversion.

In the end, it depends on what your goals are.

dls2016, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  8. CpmStars.com

CpmStars.com Peon

Best Answers:
    We have seen that email marketing can work very well on CPL / CPA campaigns so we use them very often.
    Social Media can also be very good especially for getting traffic into websites and for long-term interaction.
    If you are promoting a product and you are using SM just be creative and show people something they want to see.

CpmStars.com, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  9. Preeti Kaushik

Preeti Kaushik Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email marketing and Social media channel are both important for marketing purpose. They both own their own space wherever marketing is concerned.
    But which to choose on priority is dependent on multiple factors:
    1. How much time you keep for marketing, as social media need more time and study than email marketing
    2. Patterns in social media keeps on changing every day, so to grab better response regular R&D is required
    3. You do not need a big team if your major tool is email marketing but otherwise you need a good team
    4. Your budget will help you choose
    5. Social media provide gradual results as compared to email marketing
    6. Direct email helps direct sales and high references through word of mouth
    7. Social media offers long lasting reputation and better online presence necessary for good traffic
    for more information pls take a look at this infographic. It will help you understand the difference and which one to choose at which stage.
    [​IMG]

Preeti Kaushik, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  10. Aman chaurasia

Aman chaurasia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I simply cannot take side of only one platform as I personally feel both email marketing and social media are quite dependent on each other. Many a times it has happened that I came across a brand through social media platform. However, yet again I feel for daily updates emails are the best. Research has proved that email marketing has out numbered social media platforms and in today's world emails are no longer just plain text, people rely more on emails. Plus, email marketing is cost effective as well and can break the ice between you and subscribers or prospects. It can produce quick results and every organisation do converts to email marketing at some point.

Aman chaurasia, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  11. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social media is definitely the new way to reach out to people, but it doesn't mean email marketing doesn't have its place. The best approach is to really have a diverse way of communicating. That means having email, live chat, forums and social media. This will give you a broad range of communication options. Of course, it might take time to go through them. At some point you might need staff that will have to take care of communication. Eventually that will lead to that as your business grows.

Milliardo, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  12. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think both have a huge potential to promote your post and offers. Social Media can provide you a great amount of fresh traffic to your site. Email Marketing do work if you have a huge list of active subscribers.

iwebsocial, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  13. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing and social media are both effective from their respected special areas in which can maximize your ROI in the business.

KylieSweet, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  14. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what kind of business you are running. Email marketing definitely works best with B2B companies and social media or a more interactive marketing would fit B2C audience more. Let's say if you sell women shoes, it's a no-brainer that Pinterest can do wonders in terms of sales.

However, in B2B - I notice that my target audience uses email on a daily basis and most of them "clear" their inbox every day which means you get 1 -2 seconds of their attention every time you send them an email - if your headline sucks, then you can kiss them goodbye.

Chad Eztraffic, Dec 13, 2016 IP
  15. marcko92

marcko92 Peon

Best Answers:
    But in my opinion, email marketing will help you target who exactly your customer are. Beside
    Reduced Time & Effort
    Real-Time Messages
    Test Marketing Messages
    Reduce Overhead Costs
    Save the Planet with Email Marketing!
    Totally, I think you should combine 2 ways

marcko92, Dec 14, 2016 IP