1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Engineering Deceptive Content Flagged

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cjenkins, Jul 26, 2017.

My website was flagged for Social Engineering Deceptive Inclusions.
    "Deceptive Inclusions
    These pages embed content such as images or ads that attempts to trick users into doing something dangerous such as installing unwanted software or revealing personal information."

My website dissapeared from google results and now chrome and firefox shows red screen when someone try to access to it.

I have confirmed with my web host that there is no malware on the site. They run scans daily, and have not reports of anything.

The only ads run on the site are Google Adsense ads. The only thing that I can see as "Deceptive" is I have an image based site and under each image is an ad. These ads typically display a "Download Now" button/ad. ALL ADSENSE ADS. The type of ad displayed seems completely out of my control.

Is it possible that this is what caused this to happen?

The only other thing I see on the site is....the site links off to an online store of mine and all of the links were linking to the http version instead of the secure version(https).
    Any ideas as to what was more likely to cause this issue?

cjenkins, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You write that the ads that you class as "deceptive" are all adsense ads and that you have no control over them. Actually you are able to block certain adsense ads on your website. This will mean that other ads will turn up instead. What you can do is to go to your Google adsense account and use the "Allow & block ads" function.

The most likely cause could however be the link to your online store. Have you checked that the online store's website is not affected by malware. Also is the link relevant to your image based website?

MrKing01, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  3. cjenkins

cjenkins Peon

Best Answers:
    My web host has confirmed that there is no Malware anywhere on the site.
    I would say most "download now" links are not relevant and are probably not relevant to any site. I mean they just say "Download Now" and nothing else, I can't see these being relevant to any site. I find it hard to believe Google would punish the publisher for these ads as opposed to the site creating the ad. But, it seems that if this was against Adsense terms the Adsense team would take care of this. There are so many companies out there that have these Dowlonad Now or Convert .pdf to Word ect...
    Is there a way to block all of them or must you do each site/ad individually?

cjenkins, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard of situations similar to yours before. Just because the hosting provider ran a scan and didn't find anything, doesn't automatically mean that there is no issue. It could be some issue in the coding of your website. Maybe a weak point that someone has taken advantage of. To start with, could you do a check with https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/ and tell what result you get?

MrKing01, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  5. cjenkins

cjenkins Peon

Best Answers:
    For website blacklists, only Google is showing it as not clean. Every other site listed shows it as clean.

6. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
  7. cjenkins

cjenkins Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't use any CMS. I've looked over many similar articles and the description of Googles "Deceptive" is so vague.

8. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The culprit here could be the adsense ads. When Google last crawled your website they flagged your website for deceptive inclusions. That term is vague and could mean many things. But you should at least try to block some of the ads so new ads can turn up instead. Then when they do a new crawl, this problem can disappear instead of causing you headache.