1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social engine the best social networking script?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ali123, Nov 22, 2008.

Hey guys I'm willing to pay alot of money for a social networking script and I was wondering if you guys think social engine is the best? if not which one would be?

Thank you, Ali

ali123, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  2. tsiger

tsiger Peon

Best Answers:
    i am using social engine for a small scale social network and it seems solid so far. If you are after a large scale social network then i would suggest go for a custom solution.

tsiger, Nov 23, 2008 IP
  3. castlover

castlover Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone here tell me what is Social Engine ??

castlover, Nov 23, 2008 IP
  4. casualmusic

casualmusic Active Member

Best Answers:
    how about p hpfox or openpne

casualmusic, Nov 24, 2008 IP
  5. saxon68

saxon68 Guest

Best Answers:
    I assume he means the software that runes social sies like facebook or xing castlover.

saxon68, Nov 24, 2008 IP
  6. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    i tried the demo recently, it seemed great.

river, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  7. cannyinfotech

cannyinfotech Guest

Best Answers:
    forum posting is best than social networking sites

cannyinfotech, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  8. starangel

starangel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think custom solution is the best for social networking sites.

starangel, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  9. sowers

sowers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best script paid to social network is the social engine.

The best free social networking script is ELGG.

sowers, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  10. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    Social Engine is a great script for a social network like facebook. It has tons of addons that can be purchased by other software companies (example: friends of friends, games, etc.) as well. Boonex also makes a good social networking script called Dolphin. Dolphin 7 is coming out next month. However, if you're thinking about a dating script, ABK-Soft makes a great script called Abledating. Abledating 3.0 is suppose to come out this month, so you might want to check out their demo when it comes out.

jasonvan, May 5, 2009 IP
  11. PolakPoncho

PolakPoncho Peon

Best Answers:
    When will abk 3.0 be out?

PolakPoncho, May 13, 2009 IP
  12. AndrewBo

AndrewBo Peon

Best Answers:
    I (although a developer of a dating script) will always recommend: GO CUSTOM. I will not advertise our software, because this advertisement would be false. There is no BEST dating script. All dating scripts are not unique. Yes, abledating has more features than the others, but what of it?

We develop abledating at http://www.abledating.net and have this site also: http://abk-experts.com/
    Here you can order a completely unique solution, not to over-saturate the web with clones of different dating software scripts.

There is only one piece of advice one can give here: GO CUSTOM!!! Get an open source solution and change it until it is unique. Of cource it is easier to do this when you have a script with a lot of features like abledating from the beginning.

But it can be any other software script. Skadate, Boonex, PHPFox, whatever. But make your homework, imagine what you would like your site to look like. And answer one simple quiestion: WHY THE USER WILL USE MY SITE AND NOT ALL THE REST?

AndrewBo, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  13. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stay away from any ABK-Soft script (abledating, ablespace, business-space, mixxer, whatever).
    Do some research here on DP and Google them and read and see all the horrible stories.

ABK-Soft = Russian scammers

ilook, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  14. AndrewBo

AndrewBo Peon

Best Answers:
    The horrible stories about us, unfortunately, are written by you and your friends, dear iLook, what can be seen on this forum, or at least 95% of them. We are not ideal and have our problems, and have sometimes bad reviews which are real, but your posts just do not function. They do not have any technical details, bug lists, nothing. They are just shrills without anything. It is clear that they are not made by our clients nor are they made by a technically competent person.

Our clients, after reading them, tell us that now they understand how good our script is, if it were not, we would not have so many angry competitors. All this hysterical buzz that is created by you all around the web just helps us. Please continue your difficult and nice job of making us known by everyone.

AndrewBo, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  15. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "shrills"..... where did i saw that word before?
    It seems you use multiple accounts (what else can you expect from a Russian scammer?).

ABK-soft is scamming people for years already and keep thinking they are safe in Russia.
    The day will come once you get arrested for misleading, fraud and hacking/add malicious code (add sneaky code in your Ioncubed scripts to infect members of your clients).

I still wonder why the Digitalpoint moderators do not ban you guys from ABK-soft, creating multiple account and hiding behind proxies.

ilook, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  16. AndrewBo

AndrewBo Peon

Best Answers:
    Again a post without any concrete information. Which malicious code you mean? Where is a bug list? Are you a client? Have you ever been a client? So why are you appearing here with your worthless speeches? If you are not a client, who are you? What on earth can you say to us not being a client? Is not it better to shut up sometimes, no offense here?

17. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it not better to stop spamming forums with your fake accounts like PolakPoncho in this thread "When will abk 3.0 be out?".

Check all his posts and you see it's one and the same person, you.

And there are plenty of fake accounts over here.
    You can hide behind proxies, once there will be the day you get caught with your criminal activities.
    I hope then you'll remind my words on Digitalpoint :)

ilook, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  18. AndrewBo

AndrewBo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, is it not better to stop spamming forums? Are you paid for this? Do you want to be our client? Then you are welcome. Have you been our client? No? You have used a nulled version and it does not work? It will not work for sure, or some features will work only. Are you from a competitor's company? Ok then, I understand why you are spamming all over here with your abledating-is-horrible thing, but you should understand that it does not do any harm to us, because it is, humm, funny. Only cries and bold fonts, it looks ridiculous.
    Just stop spamming the forums, or be our client and post real problems here, we will answer then. Now it is just impossible even to answer because it is cries about nothing.

19. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ilook, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  20. AndrewBo

AndrewBo Peon

Best Answers:
    I see the threads of ilook and of the socialnetworker, two guys who have never been clients of ours. I do not want know what you need from our company or our software and do not know how to help you if you are not our customer.

Neither do I know what our company has done to you personally that you like it so little and post strange things all around the forum. If you knew how to help you I would surely do this, but I don't know.

The only thing I can imagine is that you are a competitor but this can not be called a pr campaign, it is too strange and funny for it. So I am just lost.