1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Bookmars = Traffic gold mine?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by bookatechie, Aug 22, 2006.

I have been experimenting with traffic from sites like stumbleupon.com and furl.com ....
    I got about 4 websites I'm using for the test and some of them have gotten massive amounts of traffic and retained a good flow some of them did not.

For me personally stumbleupon.com worked the best
    Anyone else with similar experiences? Any social bookmarking sites you recommend?

bookatechie, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  2. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SU is good for traffic and it can come in spurts and last long-term. Digg is probably the best if you can get something to the first page but it is hard. FURL hasen't done much for me. Reddit can also be good if you can make it to the first page, especially number one.

jg123, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  3. kyogen

kyogen Peon

Best Answers:
    I've gotten some good traffic on new sites with Digg and some vertical social bookmarking sites... sometimes its low quantity, but very qualified. Depends on your site strategy, what content you have and what you are selling I guess.

I see some pretty pathetic/transparent attempts to gain traffic/links on those sites, but if you keep your quality high, I think it's a very good approach.

Charlie

kyogen, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  4. pfgannon

pfgannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Someone del.icio.us'd my site got 4 visitors within a day, but my forums are far from impressive, so if you have something viral I think you could do well.

pfgannon, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  5. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have received a few from SU. I think it is a great site for getting traffic...but you have to have something unique

tonyrocks, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  6. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    Anything with the word 'social' in it is a marketing goldmine. Seriously.

aletheides, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  7. pfgannon

pfgannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SU works wonders for me I've submitted maybe 5 pages and have gotten something like 200 visits

pfgannon, Aug 23, 2006 IP