1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social bookmarking SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mads, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Brandon Sheley, May 9, 2007 IP
  2. nickmutt

nickmutt Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

Many of the bookmarking sites offers you one way linking, thats the quality one way linking from top websites. They will definately boost your traffic as well as PR. Try http://www.newsvine.com

- Nick Mutt

nickmutt, May 9, 2007 IP
  3. Marneo

Marneo Peon

Best Answers:
    Can someone please help me to understand? I'm observing time after time that indeed there may be many pages of the SB sites at which I am posting my bookmarks which have high PR but the pages on which my links, articles, etc. are appearing have none at all so what good is that going to do?

Marneo, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  4. iMarketingGuru

iMarketingGuru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Build link-bait, build your rep in the larger social bookmarking sites and look at the list of top social bookmarking sites that pass pagerank. This should help you -- Top Social Bookmarking Sites that Pass PageRank

The content was written with permission by Stuart of Earner's Blog and there is a continuously updated listing on Google Docs for this. Feel free to add to the list in the Wiki and become a collaborator of the list in GDocs.

iMarketingGuru, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  5. calder

calder Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes time for the sub-pages of the social bookmarking sites to get their own pageranks; usually the /keyword page gets the ranking ; /user/keyword don't get more than 1 or 2.

You would be better of improving the content of the site/page so that more people bookmark and link to it.

calder, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  6. dataneger

dataneger Peon

Best Answers:
    it does help not much but if you get more traffic and a better alexa rank then you also will climb up in the SERPS

dataneger, Jul 10, 2007 IP
  7. Marneo

Marneo Peon

Best Answers:
    IMarketingGuru. What is meant by passing PR and by link-baiting please? Thank you.

Marneo, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  8. UsedCarsOnly

UsedCarsOnly Peon

Best Answers:
    Passing PR means that the site does not have nofollow attribute and does not use internal redirects to get to your site.

Link-baiting is offering something great on your site (articles, widgets, etc) that others will want to link to. It's the ultimate form of natural link building.

Here's my blog on Social Bookmarking SEO. It's new, but I'm adding regularly. I've been using Digg for a while. Newsvine is good, but they are very diligent at finding SEO spammers and hammer them regularly, so be careful. Someone mentioned Reddit as not having nofollow -- while a link is new or if it gets "hot" it is not nofollow, but once the link leaves any of the hot pages or the new pages and goes strictly to the profile pages of those who voted for it, it gets the nofollow attribute thrown on.

I'm definitely not an authority on SBSEO, but I've been watching, learning, and applying every day. The effects can be great, but don't be one of those who think they just have to throw some buttons on their browser and the links will start pouring in after a couple of clicks.

UsedCarsOnly, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  9. delhidon

delhidon Banned

Best Answers:
    I think digg is not using nofollow. My 2 websites got back links from digg.com. The nofollow option is used by Delicious. But it gives good traffic.

delhidon, May 16, 2008 IP
  10. vickyseo

vickyseo Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi i am not agree for increasing PR but i am sure if you do social book marking regularly you traffic rate is increasing

vickyseo, May 16, 2008 IP
  11. upal10

upal10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm getting no result of bookmarking. my site visitors are rare.

upal10, Jul 18, 2009 IP
  12. learn2earn

learn2earn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By Social Bookmarking I get around 50 % of traffic to my blog and also it indirectly helps rank us better in google.

learn2earn, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  13. robortsmith

robortsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    If you submit your URL to the social book marking sites, the traffic will increased.But if there is "no follow" on links, then PR will not be incresed.

robortsmith, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  14. Marneo

Marneo Peon

Best Answers:
    Marneo, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  15. socialbookmarkings

socialbookmarkings Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking is a off page optimization work strategy. its helpful to generating more traffic on site and getting high keywords rank in search engine.

socialbookmarkings, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  16. ykgseo

ykgseo Member

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking genrate traffic and get index your site in search engine with PR social bookingmarking

ykgseo, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  17. seosharmaji

seosharmaji Member

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking are the great WAY TO GET QUALITY BACK LINK FOR YOUR WEBSITE AND IT ALSO PROVIDE GOOD TRAFFIC.

seosharmaji, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  18. WEBGEEKBOY

WEBGEEKBOY Guest

Best Answers:
    Digg helps a lot for trafficc ,but the case is your post need to be very good

WEBGEEKBOY, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  19. teddyn1

teddyn1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi man, to understand the whole question of nofollow tag. I'll tell you that he can help the overall link profile and authority of the domain, but not for Page Rank. I think there was one somewhere on the internet, schedules which graph that a link from a site with a PR 3 giws to the recipient PR2. But if it is Dofollow. So the graph is rising up to PR 10.

teddyn1, Sep 26, 2012 IP