1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So You Want To Run A Webinar...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Sharpay, Mar 22, 2013.

Why run a webinar?
    • Converts at an average 35% compared to your average sales page at 3%
    • Affiliates love sending prospects to webinars!
    • No domain or hosting required
    • No technical skills needed
    • No writing required -- damn I'm bad at writing.
    • Completely, 100% newbie friendly!
    Webinars are among the highest converting sales tools you have available. If you don't already use them to promote the products you're already promoting, you're stealing from yourself. It doesn't even matter if you've been successful online or if you're just starting out. You can find an affiliate product or CPA offer to promote, sign up for a webinar hosting site (there are free trial options) and make money tomorrow.

I'm not going to go into how to find an appropriate affiliate product or how to set yourself up at a specific site, etc. etc. I'm just going to talk about what needs to be in it. The rest of the guide is based on the assumption that you're acting as an affiliate, but it works pretty identically for the product creator.

1. Introduction
    The presenter introduces themselves, thanks everyone for coming, and briefly explains what will go on during the webinar.

"Today we're going to talk about [XYZ product] by [Creator]. [Information about yourself that gives you credibility within your niche.] We'll go over what it is, answer some frequently asked questions about [XYZ product] and then we'll open up the call and you can ask us anything we missed."

Please keep in mind that having credibility does NOT mean you have to be a guru. For example, in the accounting niche, I might say "My dad was an accountant since before I was born. Whenever I would misplace something & he'd find it he'd tell me, 'Of course I found it. I'm an accountant.' Like most kids, I idolized my father, so I too wanted to be An Accountant [in a superhero voice]. So I've always been kind of a numbers girl. My friends all come to me upset begging me to help them with their budgeting. They don't know that I look forward to it." You'll notice that I don't have any particular accounting accomplishments. I just like to budget. That's plenty of credibility--I care about the niche. Of course, actually having relevant accomplishments is always better. But plesae -- don't get carried away. This is not talk about you time. This is talk about all the problems you're going to help your prospects solve with this product time.

Tip: You are not selling anything. You're making an informative webinar. Leave the selling to the sales page!

2. Information Session
    Next, you go over some simple questions & answers you can find on the offer's affiliate page.

• What is the promise? You can find this on the sales page--it's usually pretty close to the top, and generally is in the first headline.
    • The product owners credibility This is where you set up the product creator as an expert in the subject. On the sales page, there is almost always some point at which the creator sets themselves up as an expert. Read through it and take notes.
    • 1st bullet point on the product Expand on the first bullet point the products talks about. Expand on it a little bit and get a little bit more in detail. This could be something like "5 ways to ensure your webinar is successful!" -- then you give 1 or 2 ways.
    • 2nd bullet point on the product See "1st bullet point on the product"
    • 3rd bullet point on the product See "1st bullet point on the product"
    • 4th bullet point on the product See "1st bullet point on the product"
    • 5th bullet point on the product Sometimes there are more or less than 5 bullet points. 5 isn't a magic number. You can add to or subtract from this section however much you want. I don't recommend any less than 3, however. Remember to give valuable information from within the product, but not all. You really just want to tease your audience, and giving them really valuable information about what's actually inside gets you better conversions & increases your credibility.
    • What problem the product fixes/What the product is selling Now you take the top 3 reasons people purchase an item and make a little mini story out of it. I normally find these in testimonials. Facts tell, stories sell. Use the collected testimonials, usually the longer ones, and talk about them as if they told you personally.
    • Price of the product & where to find it Which is at your affiliate link of course! With a webinar, for linking purposes, it's better to use a redirect. For example, instead of affiliatesite.com/?youraffiliatelink&=yourtrackingID it's better to use something like DigitalPoint.com/Product that then redirects to affiliatesite.com/?... You get the picture.

3. Closing
    Now you can open the call for further questions. You don't have to "open the call" for questions in the typical sense, where people are talking out loud with their headsets & microphones. You could just have people start typing questions and respond to the ones you're asked the most often.

But Sharpay! What if I don't know the answer to a question?

Anytime I haven't been able to answer a question, I said something along the lines of "You know, that's a really good question. I don't know about that, but I do know that if you're not fully and completely satisfied within [some amount of days], you'll get your money back."

Another option is to offer to research the problem and get back to them. With the webinar program I use, it makes it really easy to build a list, so I really do have a way of contacting them.

Tips & Tricks
    1. Try e-mailing the product creator. "Hey [name!] I just signed up as your affiliate for [product]. I'm going to have a webinar Q&A session. Here's the script I'll be using: [exact script you're using for their product] Is it okay with you if I include information from within the product for the portion with the 10 webinar tips? I'll only tell them about [tip 1] and [tip 2]. I was also wondered if there were any FAQs I missed from the website & any questions that you get frequently that you think I should address during the webinar. Thanks, [Your Name]. P.S. By the way, I plan on launching the webinar on [date] so expect tons of sales." If you haven't actually purchased the product, you can ask the creator to give you a copy for review purposes. The worst thing that can happen is they say no thank you.
    2. Send out e-mails/Purchase Solo Ads 1 week prior to the webinar start date, 3 days prior to the start date, & the day before the start date. Your webinar system should e-mail prospects ON the start date, so don't worry about that.
    3. 24 hours after the webinar, send out e-mails/Solo Ads that converted the first time around with the webinar recording link. "Sorry you missed it, but we recorded it for you!"

Sharpay, Mar 22, 2013 IP
    Helge Sverre likes this.
  2. jharri

jharri Member

Best Answers:
    Great info Sharpay. I really need some help getting targetted buyers to my automated webinars. Do you have any ideas?
    I noticed you mentioned solo ads, is this a good source to get traffic? Also, any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.
    Jim

jharri, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  3. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Some great information right there, I m planning on having my own webinar once my programmer has finished and tested my upcoming product(Super Secret!), We'll see how that goes when the time comes.
    I attended a webinar about some facebook fanpage mumbo jumbo, and I was almost ready to throw money at the screen halfway through, the guy had excellent sales skills.

Helge Sverre, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have both participated in many webinars and been involved with running a few. The dirty little secret of webinars is how hard it is to get attendees (msome sign up, but few actually show up....fewer look at the recorded webinar after the fact. That said, I have found it most effective when a telephone effort is involved in getting sign-ups and reminding attendees to come on the actual day. Emails are so ineffective in this regard.

jrbiz, Sep 4, 2013 IP