1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So you think Pagerank makes your website successful?

Discussion in 'Google' started by vicdigi, Mar 17, 2008.

1. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    snowbird, thank you for sharing this with us - very informative and straight from the horses mouth.

How many of you read Google's guides and information to familiarise yourselves?

vicdigi, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  2. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    darksat, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  3. whiteblue1942

whiteblue1942 Peon

Best Answers:
    its pretty much only good if u wanna sell ads on ur site.

whiteblue1942, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  4. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    Good writeup and thank you for also sharing it with us.

Another thing I might add is that, and from a personally point of view. I reckon by having many pages on your site all with damn good content and the site being laid out correctly and well navigateble then you could also reach a good PR5 with hardly an backlinks.

I am not talking about directories here whereby content is forever changing.

An example would be of lets say a holiday or hotel website where the content is all concentrated on the theme starting from the homepage of the website working to all inner pages.

What do you all think?

vicdigi, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  5. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:

Pagerank doesn't make your site a success, pagerank shows your site is a success, the higher your pagerank the more well known it is on the web, pagerank 10 would be anyones ultimate web goal.

Silver89, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  6. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it does make me feel successful as an online entrepreneur when I do get rewarded for good content from google via pagerank! YES SERPs doesnt necessarily have to be about PR but PR is something which I believe is google's reward, ....for your site according to GOOGLE. SERPS on the other hand is based on stuffs like SEO, popularity, keyword density, link backs, etc etc.

Does it mean that a good SERP means you get a good PR? Absolutely not! A site with lotsa "lent content" from other websites maybe having a good SERP but it is those websites from whom it lends it from should and does get the better PR.

Ofcourse.... its just my opinion n ethics about this little green line... the rest is still out in the world for everyone else to figure out and share their opinions about....

Cheerios!

godsofchaos, Mar 22, 2008 IP