1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So what's happened to bidding directories?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by The Pheonix, Oct 14, 2007.

1. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Nope, I'm one of the shrewdest people on the forum. NEVER reveal to anyone what your plans are if by revealing risks you letting competitors take advantage. I dance just fine without competition, no competition means I get to my target audience without any interference, if you think that's bad business practice then you're in need of some lessons my friend. Fred Astair? Who's he and does he have a directory? And have I ever called myself Fred? :D

The Pheonix, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  2. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL oh dear, ( honestly had to delete this but my sides hurt wth laughter )

"wipes tears of laughter from eyes" buddy you want to teach me tricks you gotta bring your game to the table, ( sorry laghin to much , so never mind )

DownUnder, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  3. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Best Answers:
    Back to Guardian; I never asked anyone to do any research for me? READ MY POSTS. I asked anyone who makes bold statements claiming them to be fact should be prepared to back this up with EVIDENCE of this FACT. you've failed to do this and come back with no evidence to support your case therefore you have no case. I rest my case. Lot's of cases there. :D

Keynote: Never call anything a FACT unless you can SUPPORT that FACT. ;)[/QUOTE]

Maybe you need to go ask you dad to get you some reading lessons and go back to school and learn how to to so some research before you start trying to bring everyone down with you. The only thing I have seen you do is critise people and their bidding directories. I have yet to see a positive statement from you unless it is reguarding your phpxxxx script. There is alreay tons of proof. All you have to do is actually open your eyes and see it. However you are so caught up by trying to bring everyone else down that you can not see it. And by the way, I never say anything I can not back up. So do a little research and you will see the answers for yourself.

Guardian, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  4. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Read my posts, honestly, I have been giving you lessons through the board. Tip one of a GOOD business is to NEVER let on what your up to if its going to affect your business. Trust me on one thing DU, my Dad makes a lot of money by not boasting about what he has or revealing what he does or when he's going to do it. When he buys a property he goes in for the kill before anyone else does, he doesn't go round telling all his business rivals that its up for sale, he buys it and then tells them. Rather than look silly, because you do now, why not be prepared to listen instead of scoff, I'm taught by one of the best there is, I pass on this teaching, its up to you if you want to learn or maybe you think you know it all? I hope that's not the case cos I certainly don't. :)

5. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:

6. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    we wouldnt want to look silly now would we, :) oh dear im in tears again, you should have told me you were this funny.

7. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Yep, in this case the jokes on me as I wrongly quote you, sorry about that and thanks for the decency of pointing that out to me via p.m.

Back to business, my real annoyance is with people who try to defend to the hilt thier statements that bidding directories are of any value but don't provide facts to back this up so this thread should have been and is now corrrected to be aimed at Guardian.

you never provided them facts, are they ever gonna come?

They say defence is the best form of attack, in your case its defense by denial. I can see why you are so defensive if you've spent thousands on your bidding link farm, I'd probably be the same, but hey I wouldn't have made that mistake in the first place.

8. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but why you open a thread and you are talking all the time for something that you think it have no value???????????????????:confused:

scoobby, Oct 15, 2007 IP
    DownUnder likes this.
  9. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Just because I hold no value to them doesnt mean others don't hence the reason for the question. Quite clearly there are still a few dissillusioned that think the bidding link farm is the way to go, I think otherwise and will argue my case if that's okay by you. :)

10. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i put a different spin on my directory. For all bids over $20 i will give you $10 or a $10 gas card. Thus you are getting a $20 bid for $10. The higher you bid your more cash back you get.

indyguidedotinfo, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  11. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Aw, c'mon, sure to God you don't think people are that thick that they think your doing them a favour? You just as well say you only charge 10 bucks for a link, its an insult to the intelligence of mankind if you think otherwise.

12. mauiman

mauiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll wager $10 that the 'bidding directories' niche will survive.

Anyone want to outbid my wager?
    ------------------
    P.S. If you wager over 200% of my initial wager I'll rebate you 75% of my original wager in the form of a %50 off coupon at BigGuide.

mauiman, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  13. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    Your exactly right, you say you think otherwise, but thinking and knowing are like oil and water.

In addition you have made noise as to providing FACT as to why they will work, the same true holds for the opposite where one could ask for FACT that they wont.

It is also that others think they will work, i am one of them and backing in with my $, but rather than fight or argue i like many will simply book mark this thead then get back to work.

But we will be sure to drop back from time to time to tell you we are still here and doing well.

Pheonix its fine to have your thoughts, as with everyone but just a hint in life, even when something looks impossible or a 100% never say it cant be done, often or not it can be and is done, second it is hard for people to take your words of wisdom if you do not put up supporting evidence and more so share with others, people here are working together but you want to play a loud one man band and not share your lolloies, the others soon learn not to play with you.

You say you have this secret neiche you want to protect, thats fine, one would think with all of your plpxxx experience you could start an open directory where you could share your skills.

Further to that, and i am only a dumb ol timer is all studies have shown that by working as a team and sharing information and customers leads to a bigger and more solid long term profit and customer bases ( all FACTS can be supplied ) and the people who try and hold in information suffer more.

This does not go to say you release secrets your working on as i have not shared my intentions until they go public, but when they do they will be open source, some people may like what i do others may not. In addition i will be promoting all directories in general to the business i sign up pointing them to other good directories, but with your hidden neiches you shall miss out.

As above i will quietly drop back and like many others disclaim your thoughts and not for your sake, it's pointless to worry about what others think as in your case, but as a way this thread can be a positive place for all bid directory to share our ongoing success and work together for the benifit of all directories.

14. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you actually getting paid to defend Guardian? It was him I asked to provide supporting evidence to his FACTS that bidding directories are worth anything but you came in and tried to reverse this. Get out of the way of the conversation and leave Guardian speak for himself, he's the one who's 'invested thousands of dollars on a bidding directory'.

I can support my views quite easily, I pretty much already have in my many posts on the argument that bidding is gambling, PERIOD, there's no getting away with that no matter how you try to dress it. Real business's will NEVER fall prey to gambling on whether their link will stay in a high place on a lowly bidding directory that has no presence. I've thrown down the challenge that they won't now its down to the people who disagree to PROVE ME WRONG, It doesn't work the way you've tried it by saying 'no, you go prove it', I threw down the gauntlet, now either you bidding directory supporters put up evidence to support why or simply shut up.

Sorry to be blunt but I'm sick and tired of you lot skirting around answers all the time, your all like politicians, you use your left hand to scratch your right ear!

The Pheonix, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  15. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    :) I can only smile from ear to ear.

DownUnder, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  16. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    It's better for you to smile from ear to ear than come in on a conversation trying to divert from the facts. I think actions speak louder than words in some cases don't you. ;)

17. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    :)mate all i can say is your one a kind, you are simply the best laughter i have had in years.

DownUnder, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  18. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Glad I could oblige, always nice to make people laugh, better than making them cry. ;) I'll take your response as shutting up now and wait for guardian if he wants to try and defend his case. :)

19. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just to let you know, I don't need anyone to defend me. And yes I did and will continue to spend thousands on my bidding directory just as others have. I am in this for the long haul, and will continue to be here reguardless of little kids such as your self spouting off their mouth.

And you have yet to prove anything reguarding bidding directories.

Also as I stated in my previous post. Learn to read and quit being such a stupid person that trys to twist words. read my post.

Those are facts reguardless of whether you can open your little eyes or not. And as far as gambling goes. That is a joke. You have yet to actually see that you do not have to try and get the first position. You can simply purchase a link in a bidding directory , just as you can in a regular directory. You will see that not only do they provide a revelant backlink just as any other web directory on the market, they also provide real traffic which in turn provides real ROI. That fact alone is why anyone would want to place their link on any real quality bidding directory.

Also as I stated. Since you are so sure that bidding directories are such a waste. Do as I said to do.
    Once you actually take the time to do this for a link on a bidding directory then you will see all this that you keep on running your mouth about that "these directories are worthless", you will see where you are wrong. It is a fact that bidding directories provide exactally what they are made to provide. A good quality link with traffic. Take a look for yourself.

Guardian, Oct 16, 2007 IP
    DownUnder likes this.
  20. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers: