1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So what would you with $5000 a month?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by netmaster123, Apr 2, 2007.

1. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    OK, in case when some of members here talks about $5000, that this is nothing, I don't want it anymore and I leave network permanently. ;)

grg, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  2. guk6kk

guk6kk Peon

Best Answers:
    Those people that have so many plans if they make $5,000 a month are those who do not make $5,000 a month. Why?

If I give you $5,000 now you will surely not go out and put the money in stocks and IRA. You want to know where you will spend it on? Going out, girls, car payment, new tv, new computer etc...for 3-6 months and then you will slowly starting to put cash away :).

guk6kk, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  3. Houdas

Houdas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am from Czech Republic and with 5000$ monthly, I would live like a king here :)

Houdas, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  4. guk6kk

guk6kk Peon

Best Answers:
    Trust me. Degrees are good just for esthetic reasons. Just to put something on the white wall to show it off to other people. Just another line to put in your CV. Just a nother piece of paper with your name on it.

(I am a degree seeking student currently)

guk6kk, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  5. csite

csite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree completely.

With a degree you get more respect from employers, more chance of promotion, you know more general knowledge in your field than someone with just experience or specific training in college.

I didn't have a degree myself either, i found once i achieved my degree i was able to find jobs much easier, the salary is much better and i felt more confident.

I don't know anyone who has a degree who says its useless or it didnt help their life, only people without it like to degrade university education.

csite, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  6. mschow

mschow Peon

Best Answers:
    I would invest in more money making Opportunities, give some to Charities, and live on the rest. but always continue making more money.

mschow, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  7. Duality

Duality Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here here. Money making opportunities are the best to invest in, especially if you like the subject.

Duality, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  8. netpox

netpox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok so a degree is only good if you're going to work for someone...if you want to work for someone go ahead and spend $40k-$100k on a degree. I have friends that graduated from FSU with bachelors in computer science..he's 2 years out of college now and makes $11/hour. For some of you $11/hour might be great...but for some thats a joke just like $5,000 a month is a joke for some people.

I did go to college and got my associates and i'm 10 credits away from bachelor degree but i quit after my online business picked up. I didnt have time for college anymore...and paying the $10k extra to finish college was just not worth it to me. I'm not planning on working for anyone in the future so i dont care if i get my bachelor. If something goes bad and i have to i will go back and finish it...but from experience in WEBMASTER - COMPUTER field i can tell you that a degree doesnt really say much.

Anyways back to the original post about what to do with $5000. If i had extra $5000 left over i would buy new sites and try to grow...save in IRA, CD's or try to save a lot and then buy a house for investment.

netpox, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  9. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mutual funds.

PoohBear88, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  10. csite

csite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A degree is good for everything, it gives you more employment prospects, you do tend to become more open minded. If you want to run your own business, are you going to proudly write about the ceo - "i dropped out of school, never got a degree because i thought it was useless and im here now making good money!"

people would simply consider you as a joke, investors will back away considering you as a risk and if you business fails, well you have very little backup except working in mcdonalds because these days noone wants to employ you if you dont have relevant qualifications, its a competitive world.

That is unless you want to open a coffee shop. then noone cares if you have qualifications or not, but for professional work people care.

anyways just my 2c, ill stop ranting on about degrees. :D

csite, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  11. opioq

opioq Banned

Best Answers:
    pay rent, car insurance, gas, grocheries, and internet.
    hmm dejavu

opioq, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  12. MWilson

MWilson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    A 1 bedroom apartment is $1100 per month, and my house is a little more :)
    Mike

MWilson, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  13. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    that can't be further from the truth. While it doesn't guarantee to get you places, it gives you the most important thing - knowledge. No high school dropout can match wits with someone who has a master's degree. I'd take book smarts over street smarts any day.

Pixelrage, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  14. MWilson

MWilson Peon

Best Answers:

congrats.
    Mike

MWilson, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  15. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    cool, didn't notice :D thanks

Pixelrage, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  16. chagen

chagen Peon

Best Answers:
    methinks this would make a good poll.

chagen, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  17. Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would invest it in advertisement of my website. :)

Agent_Smith, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  18. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True they can, but they are usually rare. Your average worker who travels to work every morning on the subway is not earning those amounts you suggest. Most are earning below $5,000. Of course there are some people that earn more which pulls the average up. Go to a hospital and your average nurse is not earning in excess of $5,000.

qwestcommunications, Apr 4, 2007 IP