1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

so what happened to filesonic?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by vdcoiphimtv, Jan 21, 2012.

1. fight4you

fight4you Active Member

Best Answers:
    s1ngl3st1ck, you're the man!

fight4you, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  2. cencal559

cencal559 Member

Best Answers:
    its closing?

cencal559, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  3. DTHBAH2006

DTHBAH2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is why all of the file hosts are closing...

Kim Dot Com was ratting out all of the other file hosts.... :mad:

>>One last thing, on a semi-related topic. There's an interesting reference in the Indictment to Kim Dot Com being displeased with some competitors. So what does he do? He rats them out to Paypal, trying to get their accounts canceled.

On or about October 14, 2011, DOTCOM sent an e-mail to a PayPal, Inc. representative indicating: Our legal team in the US is currently preparing to sue some of our competitors and expose their criminal activity. We like to give you a heads up and advice you not to work with sites that are known to pay uploaders for pirated content. They are damaging the image and the existence of the file hosting industry (see whats happening with the Protect IP act). Look at Fileserve.com, Videobb.com, Filesonic.com, Wupload.com. Uploadstation.com. These sites pay everyone (no matter if the files are pirated or not) and have NO repeat infringer policy. And they are using PAYPAL to pay infringers.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/1/23/53625/5333 <<

What goes around comes around I suppose.... KARMA is a BITCH! :p

DTHBAH2006, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  4. sleapyhe4d

sleapyhe4d Peon

Best Answers:
    i thought we will get paid for one last time...i still respect hish...no grudge...time to move on

sleapyhe4d, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  5. rogersp

rogersp Peon

Best Answers:
    I got my Hotfile account closed few days before Megaupload close, I was member since 2008/09 ( when it started) and I always upload warez stuffs, so I think most of them already knewn before it happens.

And if hostfiles keep working we need forget about receive payments by Paypal, they will do everything to help FBI and the government

rogersp, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  6. s1ngl3st1ck

s1ngl3st1ck Peon

Best Answers:
    ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 25 07.51.jpg

Forget about Store, how you define Safe and Secure.

Joke of the Day by a bunch of Jokers

s1ngl3st1ck, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  7. jadams

jadams Guest

Best Answers:
    That sounds fantastic how much is a premium account? i must..........

Oh hang on I already have one and yes I can guarantee people files are indeed safe and secure because I cant download the feckers!!

jadams, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  8. Divano

Divano Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Kim Dot They cooperate with the FBI

Divano, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  9. bengouissem

bengouissem Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have most of your traffic from Europe, maybe you should consider Uploaded it pays in Euro and the payout is really high: 30 Euro for 1000 files over 100 MB, I have received no less than 1500 Euros in last 3 months as my main downloaders are from France.

Remember also Uploaded didn't close their affiliate program and surely will not as they don't have servers in the US and now are unavailable in the US (a decision theyn say they were considering since weeks as for them the US wasn't a big part of their business)

bengouissem, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  10. nesmagu

nesmagu Peon

Best Answers:
    so hish didn't payed us last payout... fuck him

nesmagu, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  11. lucky909

lucky909 Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course not. He needs the money to pay off the fine that the courts have slapped him with. After all, he was in charge of a site which was responsible for over a trillion dollars in copyright infringement. Did he really expect to get let off with a warning. Its the nature of the business, now that the FBI are on his tail he couldn't care less about affiliates not getting their final payouts. Its just bad luck, not only for him but the thousands who are going to suffer with the closure of all uploading file sites. I guess you could say its karma, the owners of all the copyright files are getting revenge on the people who shared it illegally lol.

lucky909, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  12. bengouissem

Best Answers:
    They should have paid our last payout, look at what I received from them in response to a ticket I opened about some links and servers problems:

"Lisa, Jan 24 10:47 am (EST):Hello,
    Thank you for your email. Please read through each of our help topics below carefully.
    ******************************************************************************************************
    Download problems:
    All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Users can only download files that they have personally uploaded.
    *****************************************************************************************************
    Affiliate program, earnings, statistics & payouts:
    FileSonic no longer has an affiliate program and is no longer providing affiliate support. Users will not have access to view their dashboard, statistics, etc.
    *****************************************************************************************************
    Refunds and Cancellations:
    If you wish to cancel your subscription, you may do so through the payment processor (Paypal, Credit card, Segpay, Alertpay or CCBill) you initially used to pay for your premium account.

******* Paypal ****************
    If you have paid through PayPal please login into your PayPal account, find your transaction ID, view the recurring details and you will be able to cancel through there.

******* Credit Card ***************
    If you have paid with credit card, you can cancel your recurring subscription using this link: http://www.filesonic.com/customer-support. Select credit card from the drop down menu and enter the required information. If you were receiving an application error previously, this has now been fixed.

******* Segpay ***************
    If you have paid through Segpay please cancel at this link: https://segpaycs.com/spsolo.aspx.

******* Alertpay **************
    If you have paid through Alertpay, you may cancel your subscription by following these steps:
    1. Login to your AlertPay account.
    2. Click on "Profile".
    3. Under "Financial", select "Subscriptions".
    4. Select "Subscriptions Purchased" and find the subscription you wish to cancel. You can search by name, reference number or seller’s email address.
    5. Select the subscription, click "Cancel", then "Next".
    6. Review details and click on "Finish".

******* CCBill **************
    If you have paid through CCBill, please cancel at this link: https://support.ccbill.com/.
    Thank you,
    FileSonic Helpdesk

[HR][/HR]
    bengouissem, Jan 21 07:07 am (EST):Please check this link it doesn't work:
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/IQTUjfR
    Thanks Hish or Marco"

See how they say there is gonna be no payments at ALL !!

bengouissem, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  13. 1llus10n1st

1llus10n1st Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you able to download your own files @filesonic ? I'm not, even though my account is still up and running. That PISSES ME OFF BIIIIIIGGGG TIIIMMMEE :mad:

Where's this b"hish"tch guy ? Where's the support ?

1llus10n1st, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  14. robo-cop

robo-cop Active Member

Best Answers:
    everyone is whining about not being paid. when i started uploading hosts did not pay you to upload. you uploaded to share the files itself. same with megaupload owner they are not getting him for piracy thats the least of his worries. It's money laundering they are after him. move on to another file host there are plenty around still

robo-cop, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  15. bengouissem

Best Answers:
    That's a lie, most of the uploaders shared files for the reward, in Rapidshare there was the "Collector's account" with points that were converted to 1 month premium accounts and then sold in forums, megaupload too had their reward points that were converted to premium or money then hotfile started giving cash directly (with their fucking rank system) and the others too like FileFactory (you don't get paid if they check and find you are using another filehost along with their links), Depositfiles.... so maybe SOME uploaders did it for sharing but 99.99% did it for the reward, and they always looked for the best paying one. I don't lie and say I did it for sharing, I DID IT FOR MONEY FIRST and SHARING CAME IN SECOND, that's the case of the majority of the uploaders, no need to hide it, we all knew what it's about, and filehosters too knew what it's all about, I hate when people pretend something they're not (not directly pointed to you robo-cop maybe you were different and really did it for sharing).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  16. jamesbala

jamesbala Active Member

Best Answers:
    hish went to fuck DMCA. holy fucker.

jamesbala, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  17. 1llus10n1st

1llus10n1st Peon

Best Answers:
    What ??? I'm not the one you quoted ! You quoted robo-cop !

[Tu parles français ? Tu arrives à dl tes propres fichiers sur Filesonic ?]

1llus10n1st, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  18. gstor111

gstor111 Peon

Best Answers:
    uploaded.to? what, is it now some sort of Terra Nova? El Dorado? Wonderland? a ghost island? the last of the Mahicans? or may be it turned out to be the Holly Grail?
    sure not, it is just another filehosting company, one of those who substantially relays on pirated material. How long is it going to hold?

Right now UL.TO looks like the best choice (out of almost no other alternative left lol)... but..the more famous is a filehost the closer is the day of its takedown just because online piracy is really illegal from now on. It was illegal ever since... Copyright holders were incurring huge losses while the world of piracy flourished...this was the stance before there were legislative loopholes and nobody was taking the issue real serious.

However, its a digital millennium now and there we go with DMCA/SOPA/PIPA and - I am sure - many other forthcoming acts. Any digital product will be taken very serious, it is going to be one of the most essential assets in the world - the asset that is worth to fight and die for.

So are you still hoping to make a penny on piracy?

gstor111, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  19. bengouissem

Best Answers:
    Toutes mes excuses à vous 1llus10n1st, j'ai fait erreur, j'avais cité robo-cop et pas vous, en tout cas je n'ai pas essayé de télécharger mes propres fichiers de FileSonic car je les ai encore sur mon PC.

20. kareeh

kareeh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Am thinking it's closed for some time but will re-open soon

kareeh, Jan 25, 2012 IP