1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So What do you think? Crazy or Next millionaire idea?

Discussion in 'Services' started by Ichibanda, Aug 7, 2005.

1. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You can also just buy domains and park them. I know guys making $1000 a day with parking.

RectangleMan, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah, but you should clarify that they have hundreds of domains and get loads of traffic

fryman, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  3. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Has nothing to do with sending worthless traffic. It has to do with people setting themselves up as middleman and wholesalers in a business that requires no such services. There is no value being brought to the table. Legitmate publishers who are in the end providing the customers are being short-changed by people playing the middle.

These people are going to get squeezed out... I just hope it is sooner rather than later. They don't benefit the business model in any positive way.

aeiouy, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  4. Ichibanda

Ichibanda Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi All-

Well well well...At least this generated some discussion. Let me clarify a little bit for everyone. First I am not advocating the strategy nor doing this. I have only one website now with adsense that is doing very well and it is a 100% content site. I just saw it on eBay and my brain is always working and tring to figure things out. It was kind of like watching a magic trick. Many people are happy to be suprised and enjoythe magic for it's own purposes. However I always want to watch it again and again and try to figure out what the magician is doing. So it was with this eBay ad. The seller had made roughly 7,500 on eBay selling his "Adsense system". I figure hey that is a pretty good sum of money and therfore wondered what he was doing.

This was also combined with some recent article that I read that the average web srufer does not ever use the back button and another article about a guy who increased his adsense revenue by 400% by moving his website buttons to the bottom of his page and leaving the ads at the top. These two factors combined and the ad I saw on eBay made me think. If you only provide the adsense ads at the top of a page and not much else to click away from to anothe site or page you force the website vistor to click on the ads. Kind of an interesting concept that can also work with content sites.

I don't know if this adds up to a whole lot of anything really. My brain is still ticking and trying to figure out what this all could potentially mean and is there anything of value in this. But hey why not think outside of the box once in a while and see if there is non traditional way to derive more income from a site. I am not going to lie to everyone and say I am some great alturistic webmaster that puts up content sites because I love to do so. No I am in the business for money. It provides an extra income for my family and if there are legal ways to do this more effectivly why not look into it and think about it. Why not play devils adovcate and try to force out some new ideas?

Well, thats it. Just wanted to see what ya all think and it looks like I got the reply I was looking for a big thumbs down. Still an interesting thought.

Thanks
    Ichibanda

Ichibanda, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  5. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    IchiBanda,

I use a similar strategy for one of my pages. It has small traffic from search engines but has a CTR of around 30% which is very high.

Initially I was concerned whether or not it was within the TOS so I emailed Google and they said it was fine. I'm therefore creating a new site with high amounts of original content (paying mates to write stuff for me!) and putting pictures and Adsense right at the top!

Good luck,

fcmisc.

fcmisc, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  6. Ichibanda

Ichibanda Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ha. So I am not so crazy to think about the idea and if tehre is anything that can ethically be used then...I am an ethical person and into creating content sites but hey if I can increase my profits from the work by adding pictures to the ads or moving links to other pages somehere why not?

Thanks
    Ichibanda

Ichibanda, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  7. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I love everyone's skepticism on this idea. Everyone's post is about the negative sides of this. Like most...no testing is involved. Only theories and hypothesis.

I'm not advocating the concept, but why post if you have not tested it.

Like most forums, Ichibanda, take what others say with a grain of salt. Do your own tests and make your own assumptions on marketing tactics and converting visitors into an income.

Voasi, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  8. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think the skepticism stems more from the fact that almost all of the time that someone is selling an idea to make you rich, there is nothing of substance there. Because if it were that good of an idea, they would be using it themselves and keeping it to themselves. There is no such thing as a good money making idea that makes sense to share with the world. If you were so beneveloent, you would give it away. Selling it for hundreds of dollars tells me that the product is what your real business is.

Some people will, rightfully, dismiss ideas and business concepts from such sources out of hand. Is it possible that someone is selling a real model for success? Sure it is. Is it likely? Not very.

aeiouy, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  9. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I know of several internet marketers who "sell their idea/product". Why do they do this? Well, because selling an idea or product is much easier then actually doing the manual labor. Humans are lazy and this is a quick buck, regardless if the idea/product works upto "T" with the sales letter.

Voasi, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  10. JJ_McClure

JJ_McClure Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think I saw the auction you were refering to. I was suspicous of the screen shots of the Google Adsense Overview reports. There were shaded boxes around the numbers and the math was wrong.

(Page Impressions / 1000) * Page eCPM should = Earnings

On the screenshots it is way off.

Caveat emptor.

JJ_McClure, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That is not a very worthwhile idea then... Anyone could come up with ideas that would be succesful if you just got lots of people to give you a little money, or a few people to give you lots of money. Any idea that is more worthwhile to sell then use is probably not an idea worth paying for... Unless your goal is to also re-sell it.

aeiouy, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  12. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    don't know if anyone has said this previously but 1% of 100,000 is actually 1000 not 100.

I have to go with Fryman on this one, if it were this easy, everyone would be doing it. I think in the coming months/years, Big G is going to find a way to crack down on this type of thing.

palespyder, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  13. nathanbooner

nathanbooner Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I couldn't help myself when I saw this thread. Most may not know it, but this method does kinda work. At least it seems like it. I have been following a thread in the "warriorforum", and found something very similar.

http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49064

nathanbooner, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  14. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just read that thread and here is what I can see:

First of all, the only person talking wonders about this is the one who is selling the traffic.

It seems that of all the people testing it, only one posted his results, which seem to be a lousy proffit of just a few bucks. I sure wouldn't risk my Adsense account for peanuts.

First thing I can think about is false clicks... you send just junk traffic to the client, and have some buddies of you click on the ads a few times. So, he ends up with many hits, and also gets a few clicks. Problem is that he will get banned.

Sorry, but this continues to sound like a sure way to get banned from Adsense. I pitty those fellows, I'm sure Google is following them very closely...

fryman, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  15. nathanbooner

nathanbooner Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You do have a very good point, I'm going to keep following the thread to see how others do.

nathanbooner, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  16. nathanbooner

nathanbooner Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That thread's been locked. Messaged a few members that bought that guy's traffic, they're saying the template really is worth 80 cents a click, but the traffic although delivered, was very unstable.

nathanbooner, Aug 18, 2005 IP