1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So What do you think? Crazy or Next millionaire idea?

Discussion in 'Services' started by Ichibanda, Aug 7, 2005.

Well, I found this outragous auction last night and I in fact bid on it. You can see the Auction Here. However you have to be an ebay member and sign in becuase it is a compelted auction. Basically this guy has a "system" for earning money with adsense. He states that with his system he earns $700 a month. However the cool part is that he sold his system for $400 dollars on eBay and he sold a ton of them in June. He made over $7,000 on eBay just selling his adsense system and had putit up for uction copyright and all.

I bid some on the auction up to about 1,000 figuring I could amke the money back pretty quickly selling it at $400 a month. I didn't win the auction because I was too tired to stay up and someone sniped my bid last minute and outbid me $20 bucks.

Anyway the whole point of the forum is I got to thinking about his system. I wrote him an asked some questions and read a fwe other eBay ads he has up. I think I figured out his system without paying anything but not sure. See what you think. I am guessing that he is putting up one page websites that have some content on them but not much. He then places Google Adsense code on there. Using high paying keywords he could easily find keywords that pay $10 per click. The key is when he creates his 1 page website he does not put any other links on the page. The only links on the page are to an affilaite program or adsense links. In fact my guess is he has not buttons and no other way to elave the site then hitting the back button of clicking on an ad.

Next he goes out and pays for bulk traffic. He states in one of his auction he can get bulk traffic at 100,000 for $65.00. So you figure ifthis is a real source of visitors and traffic he gets 100,000 unique vistors to his site (at least the theory goes) and out of that maybe 1% of the people will click on his ads. You see they have no where else to go and th average user does not use the back button so they are trapped and forced to click on the ads. At 1% that is 100 people that click on his ads. At $10 per click he makes 1,000. Even at 1.00 per click he will still make 100-65(cost of traffic) 35.00 doing nothing!

What do you all think? Could this work and is it legal? Or will google ban you in the blink of an eye? Also if it did work why would he be selling his little dirty secret to make tons of money?

I am thinking about trying it just to test out the theory the only problem is finding traffic at $65.00 per 100,000 visitors.. My experience is most traffic sellers are selling fake clicks and not real vistors and if they are selling real vistors to your site they are not selling them at that price.

So tell me what do you think? Is it possible and anyone know wher you can buy the traffic at this price? I am kind of excited to learn but then the skeptic in me knows that nothing that good is ever true and especially if it is bieng sold on ebay. We all know the get rich quick and eBay are a bad combination. Interesting idea though.

Thanks

Ichibanda

Ichibanda, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  2. _vlada_

_vlada_ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Driving visitors is ok. It is like same to post link on forum. BUT, maybe it could be problem: You said 100,000 visitors - they do not came from search engine, for specific search. They droped down to your site, and if only 1% click on ads (You said), maybe 0,1% is bad. Everything is possible. Fraud clicks and other problems.

I buy visitors once. 1000 for a start. about 10$. For a brand new site. Only one click. And I stopped campaign. For security reason.

Still, if you have not anything to loose drive visitors to your site. Better than no one visitor at all.

_vlada_, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  3. City2

City2 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If its too good to be true it IS! not probably is, IS! Dont waste your money on scams like that, it's all a load of crap. Also there is no such thing as "Using high paying keywords he could easily find keywords that pay $10 per click" GOOD LUCK WITH THAT, the quotes part just stated enough to us that you got a lot to learn. One thing you need to learn first however is to stay away from get rich quick schemes. Million dollar idea? Try a 400$ in debt idea

City2, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll just ask some question:

1% CTR from totally untargeted traffic? You are being waaay optimistic

Putting up one page with no content would be aginst google adsense TOS. And if you just fiil it up with junk content, who would even spend 5 seconds on it?

The only way to escape the site would be clicking on an ad? Please, anyone would just close the window. If I am visiting a site about funny pictures and sudenly get a window with junk about loans, why on earth would I start clicking on the ads

And the million dollar question... If this were possible, wouldn't everyone on the net be doing it?

once again I'll just say that Google isn't stupid and you couldn't fool them this way

fryman, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  5. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hell why not go and disable the browsers back button aswell

l234244, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  6. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Some people do this with AdWords. Make tiny sites on high paying topics, and hope enough people leave the sites through AdSense to make the money back and more.

Nintendo, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  7. splatdot

splatdot Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That was the most hairbrained adsense-cheating scheme I've read in at least a few hours. :)

splatdot, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  8. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Or maybe his scheme is getting dolts to pay him $500-$1000 for his "big secret", which is getting dolts to pay him $500-$1000 for his "big secret" on ebay, which he passes on to those who won his big secret, which is to put up an auction in ebay to get dolts to pay him $500-$1000 for their big secret, which is to put up an action --

etc etc etc.

Get it?

toocoolforschool, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  9. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Think it like this, why is he telling everyone ? He is selling the idea as a great idea and making money off it, since the idea sounds good, but doe snot actually work. :)

honey, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  10. kjewat

kjewat Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You will never get 1% ctr from 100.000 totally untargeted visitors that cost $65

My guess is 0.005%... or less.

Neither, just stupid. And it would be a scam.

kjewat, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  11. pcdoc

pcdoc Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    his scheme is getting dolts to pay him $500-$1000 for his "big secret"

yep, just another infomercial for buying foreclosed property with OPM, other people's money.

pcdoc, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  12. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is the kind of stuff I hope google cracks down harder in the future as it just takes money away from legitimate publishers with legitimate content.

aeiouy, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  13. cashmirrors

cashmirrors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    It is easy to find keywords that cost advertisers $10+

I know of some paying North of $50!

Ah hell, I'll share - Mesothelioma and related terms.

cashmirrors, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  14. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've always divvied up the webmaster world into 4 camps:

1)Scammy losers selling shit - buy my ebook my software explosion money pumper traffic blastic megabucks pyramid secrets WHOA I gave myself an award that doesn't even look official....buy my bulletproof system for money doubling here's my software box, it's not a real box, but I used an image editing program to make it look like it comes in a box, even though even I know it looks like shit. Check out my long 1-page website that scrolls down infinitely with about 9000 exclaimiation marks and quotes from bummy looking guys proving my money exploder megabucks eleven works.

2) Content Spammers- 3 adblocks and a ripped article...or 1000. Marginally better than the money pumper explosion traffic blow upper guys.

3) Content SEO crowd - these are a much more respectable bunch, but they are just recycling information

4)Legitimate Webmasters

david_sakh, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  15. Kasparoff

Kasparoff Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There is nothing new in this business model. It won't work because,
    1. bulk traffic doesn't convert well (that's why it's cheap)
    2. unfocused website with only Google ads without unique content is against TOS

Kasparoff, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  16. gcarlson

gcarlson Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What I don't understand is why people just don't actually create good sites with good content instead of toiling away at bird-brained ideas like this.

First of all, if this scheme works, it's not going to work long term. Remember, Adsense is made up of advertisers who expect to make a ROI on their pay-per-clicks. If they're paying for a ton of worthless traffic, they will not be using Adsense.

Google will always have a market for their own search listings, but Adsense can be ruined for all of us by schemes like this.

People put so much time and effort into getting the quick bucks and trying to figure out how to cut corners. The real secret to making money online is to be passionate about a niche subject and create an awesome site around that subject with lots of quality content. It may take a couple of years before you start earning decent money, but you'll be building a base which can last you a lifetime.

stop wasting your time and energy on stuff like this. Think long-term.

gcarlson, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  17. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've yet to get my head around why everyone think made for adsense sites are going to send worthless traffic.
    Lets take a site on meso(what ever it is), you're going to have to market that site hard in order to get any visitors. Now who is likely to search for meso(what ever it is) - probably people who are interested in it for what ever reason (same with practically any other topic) so how would traffic sent by one of these sites class as worthless traffic.
    People like to state exactly what is the secret to making money online, oh yeah I forgot the internet has been around for how long exactly ?? Long term ?? get f'in real. NO ONE knows how to make money long term on the internet. I've been working for longer than the internet has existed as a commercial proposition, and I'm not that old. So if anyone can tell me a long term view that will make money online then all I ask is show me the proof. Show me the longevity of that idea when it comes to an online business.
    The Internet as a way of making money is still very very young. If you find a way that works, do it. You don't know if it will work 1, 2, or 5 years from now. So make use of it while you can.
    I'm not saying get money by fraudulent means, but if you've an idea that works - and it's legal - then do it.

jlawrence, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  18. gcarlson

gcarlson Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is the reason why it's actually easy to make money long term. Most people think like you so they go after the "easy" money while letting folks like me build long term sustainable businesses and take in the real money.

I thank you sir.

gcarlson, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  19. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    gcarlson: You're making one or 2 conclusion jumps. Any sustainable business has multiple revenue streams, some of which will be long term, some medium term, some short term. So I'm greatfull for people like you who don't want a piece of the short term money, you go ahead and concentrate purely on the long term gain - I'll happily have a piece of the short term while waiting for the long term to come to fruition, then I'll have a chunk of that as well.

Long term online business - you make me laugh.
    How do you know it's easy to make money long term online - the internet as a commercial venture has only been arround since 1989 (when the first dialup ISP launched). If 15 years is your idea of long term then fine - it sure as hell ain't mine. At the moment, it's damn difficult to try and plan any online venture looking even as little as 3 years hence.

jlawrence, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  20. webgeek

webgeek Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I thought you cannot put adsense ads on a popup page? how is the traffic being sent to the page?

webgeek, Aug 8, 2005 IP