1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So that's how alot of news sites and blogs get their news

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by TopDraw, Jan 8, 2007.

I see news sites have so much news posted there and I always wondered how they do it...although I knew its something to do with RSS.

I'm reading this book but it just tells me how to create a feeder for my site and end up with a small RSS button, rather than the process of how to put up news (I believe its automatic?) on to the pages of my site using this RSS technology...
    The book talks about outputting and syndicating, but what I want to know is collecting, inputting and then displaying a news or many news articles using RSS. And all this can be automatic?

The whole process is still fuzzy for me...some people say its so easy, but actually how do they (news sites) do it? Is there some software (free or cheap) that integrates nicely with your site template/theme to do the job?

TopDraw, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Just go to hotscripts.com and search RSS gatherer or something like that. Or go download MagpieRSS if you run PHP. It's all dead simple nowadays.

T0PS3O, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  3. jlryan

jlryan Peon

Best Answers:
    I found the greatest way to add RSS to my sites, I am very grateful for it. scripts.rss2html.com/ It's simple to implement.

jlryan, Jan 13, 2007 IP