1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So much work to get this website up. Now how do I go and make some money.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by facebook, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Wizza

Wizza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That was taken in the wrong context. It was merely advice for the OP.

Wizza, Dec 27, 2013 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  2. facebook

facebook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you, for all the positive feedback.
    Please have a look at the website now, worked more on it. The category pages have go better now. Have a look http://ixibot.com/categories/aviation or any other category also visit some content pages and have a look at the google ad. I think it shows ads quite relavant to the topic. I have started receiving very few clicks, but google has been indexing the website very rapidly. Some 60k+ indexed... the content that is getting indexed are ranking on the 8th page or more.

Thanks, Ill do that

Not exactly like it because in this case we are going to show the top answer on top depending on how closely the person answering is connected to the topic...

facebook, Dec 28, 2013 IP
  3. Wizza

Wizza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought Yahoo Answers puts the best answer at the top too?

Anywho, looking at your website it does look better with the background but still needs improving.

Wizza, Dec 28, 2013 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Still plain.. Still have no idea what it is.. And it's painfully slow... Whats up with the speed?

NetStar, Dec 28, 2013 IP
  5. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My friend do you know what you want? I mean what kind of website you really want to do?

Please decide and let us know so we can help you with our suggestions!

Webcenter, Dec 28, 2013 IP
  6. facebook

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Speed! :) actually the website is a robot which is creating that content automatically from the internet. The first time a visitor goes (actually search engine) to any particular page that has been fetched already, the bot finds information about it and stores it, that includes the pictures. Try opening a page which has already been fetched, and please let me know, the speed. I am also yet to turn the full caching on too.

Its first a Robot Found and Human Curated list, meaning it will have a public profile for everything, including their open graphs. This data will also be available to other users through API and RDF tuples. The main aim is to make the database and let other websites / users use it.

To add to it... The questions that you see will be the questions that will be answered by a robot and also by a team of people sitting down to do it. Since we are working on generic way of sorting out the questions these questions do not have their answers listed yet. Something like ALICE bot but more interactive. Asking the Bot a question like "Which is the top movie for today" after asking the user about his/her current location, movie language etc (if not asked earlier in their lifetime conversation, or if the user has not registered yet). Will return the Name of the Movie. Thats not it... The robot will also help the user action this task. Now when I say tasks these tasks have to be defined. Its a lot of work I know but the code will break the query down to the lowest possible human intervention.
    An example usage of the bot will be on a NGO website where we are going to as people to suggest to us challenges (ngo website) and questions (ixibot website), these challenges will be put up to the public for solutions, the best solution will be chosen by code depending on a lot of variables and not choosen by the users only. Once a solution is found out it goes into a project manager straightaway, tasks that are required will be found out by a "actioning" team and people can volunteer for those tasks.
    Thats roughly the plan, always open to ideas. Thanks.

I have been trying to like the posts above, but I think this limitation is because of the number of like I have right? Anyways... me like ^

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    facebook, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  7. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    None of this should have to be explained. I'm sorry the design and layout is very poor. It's not clear what the site is about. And if there's going to be a longer load time for "on the fly" generation of content you absolutely NEED to immediately bring the customer to a page that makes it CLEAR that there is an action in process then when it's finished generating immediately show the user the info. Similar to Expedia when searching for flights.

NetStar, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just to add.... It took me several posts, several explanations, several visits to the site, and reading several posts from OTHER visitors opinions to finally "sort of" figure out what the web site is about and why it's slow.

You have to make changes otherwise you will have the highest bounce rate and never retain a single visitor.

NetStar, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  9. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm so sorry but I have to agree with the others - I had no idea what your site was about. I even looked for an "about" link but didn't find one. I wasn't sure if it was movies or questions/answers, or what.

Also, it took a long time for the page to load for me, too.

Annea, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  10. facebook

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have worked a bit more on the design and load speed, can you have a look again please?

facebook, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  11. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Member

Best Answers:
    After browsing your site for 5 minutes I am beginning to understand what you are trying to do:
    • First things first, if a visitor can't understand the purpose of your site in 5 seconds, then you have to revamp the way you deliver the message (User Experience, etc). A person's patience and attention span on the internet is very short.
    • "search, compare, plan, ask, like, rate & more..." , the first thing i read was this message and I thought it's a comparison site for hosting plans, tech related, or even hotel and dining. This is perhaps your intention eventually but as I was reading the content, i realized its more a a Wiki. You might want to simplify that key message first to something easier to understand.
    • Put images in the little boxes. People are very visual online.
    • Besides that you need to polish and complete the content of the site, and also the loading speed. As some of your pages are loading I opened up another window and Google the same question and got the answer i wanted from Wikipedia before your page even loads (then it loads to an error)

Not trying to criticize you but these are just my quick observations that I hope you find useful.

Lightsaber, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  12. MilMerchant

MilMerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    In order to make money, you first have to invest money. You cannot expect to put a website up and get people to invest in it for you to make a better site to get more investments. Thats like trying to learn how to swim in a bathtub. The theory is sound but it dont work in practice. I have had my great plans turned to ashes when I made a website promoting some planes from an online game, only to have someone tell my how my website was so 'nostalgic'. I realised then that I was designing my website based on what I taught 15 years ago and that the websites had come a long way. Since then, I redid my website 5 times in 3 months to get it right and I still get criticised about the way its not designed according to html5, or they can find the same info on wikipedia. You just cant make everyone happy. I personally think that if you like your website and you are happy with it, then you are halfway there. The rest is getting feedback and making the appropriate changes and marketing it again.

Happy Hunting
    MilMerchant

MilMerchant, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  13. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think I understand what you are trying to do, but, (sorry), your home page is so obscure I am still not sure. Your site covers so much ground without any explanation of why.

Lightsaber makes some very good suggestions. Mainly, you need to tell visitors straight away, this site does this and click here to access the information you seek. I arrived at your very neat site and immediately thought, "Huh?"

Somebody previously suggested that you really need a home page that explains everything. I agree completely with that comment.

dailybread2011, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  14. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have a great site here and I really like your idea for it.

I've read so many negative replies and feedback for your site but I hope those only helped you get better and work harder on your dream website.

We all have our Dream Site. I have mine as well - I'm actually building the best internet marketing blog online to help people make money online.

My best advice would be to concentrate on offering something very unique and valuable to the internet users. You have to think a little bit about other sites like the one you are building here - (yahoo answers for example) and then try to get really creative to stand out a little bit from the crowd and build a following online.

I would suggest to Create a New Facebook Fan Page for your website and Post Valuable Content on the FB Page on a daily basis or as often as possible. With time, more and more people will Like your Website on Facebook and that will drive a lot of free traffic to your website.

Remember that in todays internet world - it's becoming more about Social Interactions and Social Networks, everything is becoming more Social Online. So you should really consider integrating a very good Social Viral-ability Structure for your website. This is where it will be very easy for the users to share your content on the Social Networks. If you can - you should let users Register for a New Account using their Favorite Social Network - and also be able to login with it.

Since there are many sites like yours - you should also work hard on the Design of the website and make sure it is something you want to bookmark online. Just think about the User. If you were surfing around online and happened to find your website online - would you be like WOW!... or just like ... oh!.. just another generic, boring website :(

You want your visitors to not only like your site but love it!

You should also work a lot more on the Traffic to your site more than anything - specially at the beginning. With little to no traffic -is impossible to test things out. You need a good amount of traffic flowing to your site first and then ask for feedback and do Split Testing to find out what works and what doesn't.

And also, you should try to keep just 2 to 3 banners around - not too many ads because that sometimes scare people away. Be smart about your marketing. I would suggest to build a Subscribers List to get even more free traffic. I also suggest you to have a Blog Section to get even more free organic traffic from the search engines.

You have a lot of potential with this site man! .. keep up the good work.. just work A LOT more on the traffic.. it is very important to do this!

Take a look at your Alexa Rankings - and also feel free to check other websites Alexa Rankings to see what you need to do to get even better rankings. It will be a challenge but the price is damn worth it. Never stop dreaming! ..go for it!

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/ixibot.com

Build this site - step by step - little by little and take it one day at a time.

You can do it!

Hope this helps!

I wish you the best success in your online journey!

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  15. facebook

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks. It would be great if someone could suggest to me what exactly to show on the home page would be great.

facebook, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  16. facebook

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks...
    Yours was the most positive responsive I received, your message really helped me speed up. :). I have a plan in mind about the site and did not want to put everything up at once. Google has to index billions of pages, that is going to take some time right? and somehow I have a feeling my idea will get copied. The visitors have started coming in slowly. Google ranks a lot of pages on its 7th pages. some major keywords have already started showing up on the first page. I think you somehow got a hunch about it. AND your message really worked... Thanks again... Cheers!
    why I am not being able to like on posts?.

facebook, Jan 8, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  17. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You're welcome!

And well no one really knows exactly how often and how much the Search Engines Spiders come to your site and Index your Pages - but you should not worry too much about this and just Focus on building the best website possible.

Also, do not worry about your ideas getting stolen or copied - it happens all the time on the internet and that is actually OKAY. There is nothing wrong with that - there is more than enough for everyone to succeed online - even with the same exact idea. Trust me, if you worry about things like this then you will not get far with your ideas and projects.

One very important thing I have learned online is that there is ABUNDANCE. There is enough for EVERYONE here to become successful.

There is waaay more room at the Top than the bottom. It's almost empty at the top, the bottom is what's crowded.

In school, copying from your fellow classmates is called "Cheating" - online is called "Masterminding".

We are taught from birth (and in schools) to not copy or use anyone else's ideas and if we do, we are punished. This is creating the wrong mentality in a person and that will not allow that person to think in Abundance and that can create problems in a lifetime.

The most successful people online - are the ones that work in a Team and work together. Because it is better and easier to reach perfection United than to go for perfection alone. I have my own team of people working with me towards One Goal - and that is accomplishing all of our goals, together. I would not be able to accomplish my dreams without these people.

I recommend you to try to gather people with the same dreams, goals and vision as you and then work from there. This is of course optional and it depends on whether you want to do-it-all yourself and work alone or not.

But anyways... this is my best advice of the day for you!

Keep working hard on your goals!!

And - I have no clue why you would not be able to see the Like Button here - try refreshing the page or something...

Hope this helps you even more man!

Much success!

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  18. Mijendra k.c.

Mijendra k.c. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    w
    well, i think you should focus more time on your website. This is the age of globalization and marketing. Try to make your website as a tool to communication and bridges a relationship.

Mijendra k.c., Jan 9, 2014 IP
  19. sanction

sanction Greenhorn

Best Answers:

sanction, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  20. sanction

sanction Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    making a information site is great ,mine gets 5000 hits a week check out http://greensanctionary.com it should help u advertise and show u how to make money with ur info page

sanction, Jan 10, 2014 IP