1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So many things wrong with Yahoo

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by internetmarketingiq, Jun 8, 2009.

I have noticed through experimentation that certain ad block sizes are displaying ZERO Ads in many niches... and I'm not talking small niches either. I created a test page and loaded up all the sizes than posted and tested to see what would display.

On another and interesting note... About the time Google purchased Doubleclick Yahoo Sucked up Right Media.

What is interesting is this post http://searchengineland.com/harvard-prof-deceptive-ads-widespread-on-yahoos-right-media-16154 about Yahoos deceptive advertising practices. This is not the only post on the subject, several sites have been talking about it over the past couple of months.

Just another example of the Big Boys telling you what you can and can't do in their TOS then doing whatever they want to do. Rules always apply to the other guys and Corporate Ethics is an OxyMoron.

Don't look for it to change anytime soon. Between Google, Yahoo, and MSN the inventory of Display Media Companies is owned. Competition is only between the Major Players and Yahoo is willing to do anything to grow their share of the Display Advertising pie... even if it means being completely deceptive.

internetmarketingiq, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  2. Echodesn

Echodesn Peon

Best Answers:
    ya, i am also noticed too, maybe yahoo employer need to pay more attention on it

Echodesn, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  3. SmartlinkZ

SmartlinkZ Peon

Best Answers:
    agree with you ;)

SmartlinkZ, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  4. wiresaw

wiresaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you mean to say, yahoo has lesser ads than google? So it is the same with Adbrite and Bidvertiser, just always viewing "Your Ads here". Anyways I never try the YPN yet coz I am not from US. I hope they accept International Publisher also, maybe they can have more ads to publish..

wiresaw, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  5. vertexroll

vertexroll Peon

Best Answers:
    yeahh ,it sucks ,and only for uk and us ,i will not try it even when it comes to india ,coz its ads are worst ,adsense roxx

vertexroll, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  6. vertexroll

vertexroll Peon

Best Answers:
    tyroo still is not a good choice adbrite is till better than tyroo

vertexroll, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  7. cheary2smile

cheary2smile Peon

Best Answers:
    I must ad my little bit of knowledge about yahoo. User BEWARE! I was looking for employment and posted my resume on yahoo's site, within hours I received a promising email response. Within days I was getting an interview and within a few more days was hired, signed an independent contract with the So-Called Company. By Monday I was sitting in the county Jail. I had to sell my car to pay the bail bondsman, it blemished my record, wasted my time and energy, not to mention money out of my pocket to perform my job duties, I had been contracted to complete.
    HAHA. It was ALL a big HOAX, a SCAM, and I was one of the lucky ones,that the company did NOT walk away with $3600.00 of my money too.

Yahoo does not care scam or not you hand them a post and they post it. No background investigations, not even a quick check for a business license or anything.

They are a SCAM just as much as the FRAUD company that scammed me into going to jail. and ruining some of my future!!
    I would not recommend yahoo to ANYONE!!!!!
    thank you.
    sincerely,
    Me.

cheary2smile, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  8. vertexroll

vertexroll Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoo shows too much of ads , even in ymail or yahoo homepage ,look at google , they show ads ,but that dozznt look like ads ,so clever and professional way ;)

vertexroll, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  9. FifthDimension

FifthDimension Member

Best Answers:
    Whats wrong with Yahoo? Every business does it in these times of need. No business is 'except' if you know what I mean. every business for itself, so they need to engage in these type of practices. There are always the smaller players - adbrite, adcoach, bidvertiser, clicksor, etc.

FifthDimension, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  10. catrosinfo

catrosinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    HHHHMMM... sounds like someone who is pissed...
    But I am with you man... don't get me wrong.. but you just gotta be careful and wise... :) peace

catrosinfo, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  11. BenGregg

BenGregg Peon

Best Answers:
    Dang, I didn't know Yahoo was in the scamming business, they have a pretty large company I don't see why they have to partake in fraud to earn a couple extra bucks. This all kind of confuses me.

BenGregg, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  12. GoldRoyce

GoldRoyce Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. Exactly advertisers who joins on Yahoo lesser than Google..

So some niche no playing well with YPN but best with Adsense.

Adsense still favorite.. :)

GoldRoyce, Sep 11, 2009 IP