1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So many people complain about Adsense performance, why don't we try Private Ad Sales?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by M3rC, Feb 20, 2009.

1. gameswu

gameswu Peon

Best Answers:
    This seems very difficult to do!

gameswu, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  2. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is not easy to get private ads.

lifeplayer, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  3. Plutoscript

Plutoscript Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I am concern Google adsense still leads the ads industry. The only solution is if another search engine like google can come up today or tommorrow to give almighty google a stiff competetion.

Plutoscript, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  4. M3rC

M3rC Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is definitely leading in the ad-industry, but I'm just saying that Private Ad sales can be more beneficial - if you can pull it off. It can really help bring in more money and more targeted ads (in a way)

It's not the easiest thing, thats for sure - but you have to connect with your audience and follow up on potential advertisers :)
    Talk to people and send personalized emails ;)

M3rC, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  5. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I guess Google puts the fear in people who sell links and posts etc. by banning them from their search engine .... so it must be done properly and with no-follow links etc. - so it's not seen as manipulating PR and for PR reasons. Then you must trust the person who purchasers advertising - I have done this several times - but silly me sold do-follow links and within two days of advertising the link sales here (on DP) my site was banned from Googles index ....

thsadmin, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  6. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    Amen... adsense is easy for beginners.. private ads are for big players and experts.

Viktor Drej, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  7. SabQat

SabQat Peon

Best Answers:
    WOw sound look good. but i live in india how someone in usa can rust me??

SabQat, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  8. M3rC

M3rC Peon

Best Answers:
    On the money there about Adsense, but private ads can be for beginners too We are beginners, only 3 months in and have private ad sales over @ our blog.

Sure, we aren't making a killing. But more that we would make from Adsense :eek:

Don't tell them your from India? I mean..your advertising for them ~ why should you being Indian worry them? Unless of course they are after geographically-targeted adverts :)

Awww, that sucks man :(
    Never sell do-follow ad links. Even John Chow got banned for selling text ad links, and even didn't even rank for his domain keywords!! That was a bit worrying, even a big player like him - can be taken down so easily.

I guess we all learn from our mistakes :)

M3rC, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  9. hostcoin

hostcoin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats very true...how to approach for getting private ads.. mass malling will do ?

hostcoin, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  10. M3rC

M3rC Peon

Best Answers:
    NEVER EVER! This method rarely works.
    You should rather send one customized and thought out email rather than 100 generic ones.

It's all about connecting with your advertiser and convincing them; advertising on your site/blog is a good thing.

I hate those mass-generic emails I get too :( I completely ignore them.
    So, from personal experience and personal-taste: Stay away from mass-mailing :)

M3rC, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  11. Boulder

Boulder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea that OIOPublisher plugin looks like nice software (plugin) set up.

So the Ad links you have set up with the OIO are no follow? Or does the OIOPublisher software give the site owner a choice to set that as an option?

I would love to set something like that up, but for the same reasons like "thsadmin" mentioned. I have total google fear.. am scared shitless to sell any links. For google might just lay waste to my built up nice PR website.

Boulder

Boulder, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  12. M3rC

M3rC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes the ads promoted using OIOPublisher is no-follow :)
    You shouldn't be scared of Google ;) Big Bloggers like ProBlogger and ShoeMOney are sell ads on their blogs, and i'm SURE Google's aware of that.

As long as they are no-follow promotion adverts, Google's got nothing to worry about. It's when people start selling out their PageRank value that Google gets concerned :)

M3rC, Mar 10, 2009 IP