1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So many errors validating Joomla with W3C, normal ??

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by rewlie, Mar 31, 2006.

I got so many errors when validating my site with W3C validator service, is it normal with Joomla! ? Some of it I understand it's my mistake, my error, but some dont, it comes from inside the Joomla itself .. does anyone have any idea bout this ? Is it affect ranking, browsing pattern, crawlers etc ? I need to know .. anyway, i'm newbie :)

rewlie, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  2. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    and guess what, joomla.org got 8 errors..

rewlie, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  3. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    I tried validating one of my Joomla sites once too.The result was frightening.I haven't tried again since.
    But don't worry.I have loads of keywords in top ten in major search engines using these sites.So as far as I can see it doesn't really matter as long as your site works.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

MKInfo, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  4. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the results .. ewhhhhhhhhh .. frightening ..I almost dont believe it ..

rewlie, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  5. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    same here...but the robots are designed to be forgiving...as long as its not a najor error. Its almost impossible to make a CMS validate since there are so many possible modules etc that can be added or removed from any position on the page. I guess you would have to hand edit the code to make it validate. I dont think it would be worth the time.

carowan, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  6. phd

phd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have anyone tried google.com , that gives error too!!!

phd, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  7. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think not, editing all the codes in module and core Joomla! ? That would drive me crazy ..

rewlie, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  8. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it's not affecting the site ranking etc, than that would be OK, but I test browsing the site using Konqueror, and everytime, I got an error says "Giving up :( cannot create an XMLHTTP instance", and that's not make me happy, since I want to give every browsers an ability to browse in.

rewlie, Mar 31, 2006 IP