1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So Many Domains Names, So Little Time -How Should I Go About This?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Davey Crocket, Jul 13, 2005.

I currently have about 34 domain names, not all of them are full webpages yet, only about 7. However, it takes time, lots of time to set each one up and Some I won't fully build for 6 months or more.

My Question is this: Would it be wise to create a 1 to 2 page site for each domain with Correct Meta tags and a couple articles so that the sites might get indexed by Google or Say Yahoo?

It would be a simple page that would include important keywords maybe one news article about the subject. Is this the way to go? Or is it better to just let the domain names sit with no content and no web pages and then BAM blast off when I am ready with more detailed website?

Any suggestions are appreciated. :cool:

Davey Crocket, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's better to do a page or two with original content that is related to what the developed site will eventually be. I have some one page sites with a PR4 (from links from other sites I have) that are indexed and get spidered on a regular basis. I personally don't run adsense on those pages. You'll need at least one link to get indexed.

mjewel, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  3. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    I think mjewel's suggestions are good. That way you can get the sites registered, let them start their time in the sandbox, and then when you get them really up and running you shouldn't have too much wait before G lets them into the main SERPs.

stephenmunday, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  4. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, even if it is just placing some plain text with no graphics, that is a great way to at least get indexed. You might also want to use one domain to link to the others, so as to get indexed.

Oh, and don't buy any more domains til you do this. ;) :)

dvduval, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  5. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes - especially with Google still maintaining their infamous sandbox filter, it's a good idea to get your new sites indexed as soon as possible.

norfstar, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  6. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Always good to have at least 1 page up.

RectangleMan, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I have an idea: create a blogger.com account and set up blogs on all of them. Your blogger profile will get spidered and you will get all of the url's spidered thru that. Enter some new posts on all of them as time allows you to do so. At least you will be able to make some progress until you have some good ideas.

Blogmaster, Jul 16, 2005 IP