1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Boomer222, Oct 17, 2008.

I've been working to build an audience for quite a while and I'm now ready for the advertsing phase. In the last couple of months I've dropped in here from time to time to get a sense of what people are experiencing with Adsense. As well, I've been keeping up with, and understanding, the TOS over at the Adsense home.

So let me get this straight...

1. At any given time a competitor could sit there and click away on your ads repeatedly and you'd get banned?

2. Given the popularity of social news networks (Digg, Stumble, Reddit, etc), a reader could submit your content at any given time and you'd be banned just because you received a spike in traffic and a variety of people clicked on your ads?

This doesn't make any logical sense. How would Adsense be beneficial at all to anyone? What am I missing here?

Boomer222, Oct 17, 2008 IP