1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So is this the end of PPC?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by netmaster123, Mar 27, 2007.

1. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    At the moment "yes" you will have an option but gradually with time the advertiser base for pay per click would mostly shift to pay per action. Either there would not be any advertisers or the cost per click would be very less. Therefore both ways pay per click would be dead eventually.

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
    grg likes this.
  2. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    But that's obvious, isn't it?

grg, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  3. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Take a look at the whole thread, If this was obvious to all of them than why are they even arguing the obvious?

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  4. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    grg, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  5. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Adpubster, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  6. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting what this will do to the low-click value, arbitraging, MFAs. It may no longer be profitable to have adsense on their sites if they are not getting any per-click values. And a lot of the per-clicks they get will be from others of their own kind, so also low-value. hmmmmm

Adpubster, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  7. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    Yep, but look at post times - two posts were sent in same moment. (I think quote in case when I answer right under someones post is not neccessary, but sometimes this is what happen on the forum). Sorry for offtopic...

grg, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  8. Ch-Nauman

Ch-Nauman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think PPC won't dead as what few ppl say.Many advertisers will keep on using PPC along with PPA to get massive eyeballs to their sites and products , you know diversification is the key. Also take examples of pay per impressions companies. They would have been gone long ago when targeted traffic like PPC was introduced but they rather exist and still flourishing

Just my few cents to calm worried publishers:D

Ch-Nauman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  9. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    As an adwords user and adsense publisher I see it clearly from both sides.
    IF I can get top of serps ranking, then PPC is where Im going...for SE positioning.

Now if I want to drive cheap (Free really) traffic and only pay for sales conversions, ppa is my baby.

I personally would do both..

BrianJump, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  10. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am in the same boat, and I am 99% sure that my sites will not make as big as they are making right now in PPA. And for sure there are other publisher also in the same boat. And will not go to PPA

PinoyIto, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  11. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    I liked to make something bolder - if under PPA product or service is very good, then it can be profitable, but there is another side of coin - crap product, which only idiot could buy - then what? ppa will be a way to get free publicity... As I wrote before - there are two sides and on both sides can be another 'good' and 'bad' side.

grg, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  12. netmaster123

netmaster123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been successful with PPA in the past but this is one of the things that I hate.

I used to promote a hosting company though CJ in less than a month I generated several hundreds of dollars, right before payday I checked and I had less money in my account and it said REVERSALS, so I ended up losing about 30% of my earnings just because somebody paid for a service and then canceled.

This is another reason for people to promote PPC more than PPA.

netmaster123, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  13. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If google doesnt watch it, ypn could sneak up on them as most ppc adertisers will switch over to ypn. Very dangerous to for google if they dont calculate carefully

pingpong123, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  14. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not a good thing that you have members in this thread who have been on DP for years and are acting like they don't know any monetization methods other than google...haven't you guys learned anything?
    Basically your saying if adsense CPC went you couldn't make any money from your sites, that shows you need to learn a lot more or all your sites are total trash.

jabb, Mar 29, 2007 IP