1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So is this the end of PPC?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by netmaster123, Mar 27, 2007.

1. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the reason why adsense is almost dead. Why would anyone invest any amount of money if he does not get a substantial return on investment.

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  2. you_bad

you_bad Peon

Best Answers:
    FF means friendfinder not firefox right ? i think it will work with Firefox too like you , then why we cant do it CPA ? if you earnd $3000 from friendfinder .

you_bad, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  3. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:

Your right it is friend finder and various inc. Firefox works as well but it's a saturated market. It's already used by many out there. Therefore firefox ppc is not that feasible.

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  4. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do I keep seeing people state that AdSense is almost dead... do you guys not view Google's quarterly earnings statements?

Record profits != Dead Program

Spendlessly, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  5. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also include the law suits and click fraud problems google went through. These are the major reasons why google is considering pay per action. If pay per click was that easy for google why would it even consider pay per action in the first place? It has caused enough nightmares both for publishers and advertisers. Many advertisers complain a lot about click fraud, And publishers are always scared of getting banned.

Google is eyeing to make the whole system very smooth for both the advertisers and publishers. After all google's main aim has always been customer satisfaction.

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  6. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:

If googles main aim was satisfaction, why are a good % of publishers scared to death of getting banned to the famous "invalid clicks" that happens to a good number of people here?

I think G needs to first make a better system for us publishers, before it takes on yet another big project.

What can G do to help? For one, they can have a better monitoring system. Invalid clicks wouldn't happen if they took a pro-stance on this issue, instead of just waiting for it to happen and then blame the site owner.

FanAddict, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  7. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I mentioned "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION" not publisher. I get what you are saying but this whole ppc game was based on hit and trial. No system or software can be created to make it perfect. Clicks can come from anywhere. I've seen people in this forum losing sleep over adsense, some people are so scared that they don't even visit their site after they have placed adsense on it. So this was never good for publishers in the first place.

Hey but tell me one thing. And I would like to ask this question to all the members.

"WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING NOW IF ADSENSE NEVER EXISTED?"

It's that simple. And I can say it with confidence that most of you would have an alternative in hand. Therefore explore more horizons and you would be astouned as to how many opportunities are out there waiting for you.

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  8. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    Because this is how the advertisiment works. You invest 100$ and only 2$ of this brings real revenue (usually you don't know which ones, but of course these two can bring you 1000$). That's why you have to get as much publicity as you can, and you get it, customers get know your name etc... even they don't click your ads, the know you exist, and can back for your product later.
    It's not easy to say "I don't get revenue" - If this is it, maybe you have to change your bussiness, marketing plan, your offer etc etc... This all is not about buying an ad and waiting for incomes...

(this is in short)

grg, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  9. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Customers ARE also publishers, we make G the money! without us advertisers would be where? NOWHERE!

All im saying is, google should beef up it's PPC before it goes all out on this new campaign of theres. PPC is a good system for both advers and pubs... but not at the current rate it's going. Every other day I come to this forum and there's someone saying they got banned... I even know some personally who never once did anything against the adsense pubs TOS, and yet here they are banned due to the "invalid clicks" ban.

If adsense wasn't around? Hmm... I wouldn't have started over 100 sites that make me a decent income... why? There's no good competition yet for G's PPC system. YPN still isn't international, and from all I heard.. it can't serve a relevent ad to a site more then once... MSN? That explains itself. lol.

If I ever got banned from G, I would keep on pushing them to explain to me HOW and WHY it happened, but most times all people get is a C&P email back saying "we can't give out how we know you did it, but just take our word, you did it now your banned" - is that how you treat the people making you your money? NO.

Okay im done :) lol

10. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Answer one simple question? If I can make certain sales with pay per action, Than why even go for pay per click. And when you mention "customers get to know your name" you should realize one simple fact. Not everyone is a merchant. I am talking from a an affiliate's perspective as well. Therefore when an affiliate is using adwords for a merchant he expects sales and does not care to make the merchant famous.

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  11. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you are saying you want to live on adsense. Not only publishers google even bans adword advertisers. Make a little search on google with the term "banned from adwords" you would see millions of results. Google is as bad with advertisers as it is with publishers.

The only way you can make your opinion count with google is to acquire 51% of it's shares and run it your own way :p :p .

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  12. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:

Why are any of us out here every day on this forum? Working on our sites? To earn money.....

I'm sure they do treat it's adwords customers the same... I never said they didn't :)

13. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't say that you have to go to PPC, but this was answer to the question about "to be PPC or not to be". That's why I make out the PPC is not dead.

I realize that and that's why I wrote about changes in your business plan if you would like to have a revenue of classic PPC or if this not brings you satysfying renevue - chose product (ad channel) which you consider as better for you and your business.
    Thats why G, and the others, serve different products and different channels to contact with customers.

And there are both opposing sides - and both don't want to waste their money to bland ads.

grg, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  14. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will eventually be dead if there are not enough advertisers to support it. As most of them would prefer to pay more money on pay per action and get definite returns.

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  15. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pay per action would totally take out the option of choosing products. You would be able to sell anything with it as you would not be scared of losing money on ppc hit and trial methods.

That's what companies like clickbank are doing. The products they sell are hard to market. That's why a merchant simply introduces a product and transfers the pain of selling to the publishers.

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  16. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    Sure, only one condition - if there will be enough publishers, who take this kind of ads. Do you belive in pure gold? Do you think if publishers don't get enough money for ads, they will expose PPA for good words: 'thank you poor man'? I don't think so, that's I still write about two sides which want to get revenue. If not, they will go to sell carrots on the street. ;)

ps: that was answer to this post http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=2658097&postcount=94

grg, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  17. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    soul-healer, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  18. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    So, if we go to PPA, I wonder if images will be allowed next to ads again :D :D

Adpubster, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  19. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    But this is completely different thing. And I think this is good that we can choose between this what is best for us.

grg, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  20. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    If this is the case than why does clickbank have more than 1,00,000 publishers. Also tonnes of affiliate companies out there with millions of publishers. All booming each day. PPA has been extremely successful in the past that's why google is putting it's money in it. When google bought youtube one thing was certain that video is the new innovation for web 2.0 & it has been vastly successful. Therefore whenever google puts money into any venture it's bound to be successful.

ryanman, Mar 28, 2007 IP