1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So is this the end of PPC?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by netmaster123, Mar 27, 2007.

Does anybody know how the new PPA that Google is going to implement will affect PPC? example why would an advertiser pay $.15 cents per click when they can only pay for a certain action that is completed "Lead or Sale".

Will we have to try other networks instead that still use pay per click.

I am asking because I like the way that PPC works instead of affiliate schemes, example I have had many sites that send TONS of traffic to affiliates with no revenue, how ever with PPC you make money no matter what.

What do you think will happend?

netmaster123, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  2. soju

soju Peon

Best Answers:
    Great for sellers, bad for advertisers. But this has been needed for so long.

soju, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  3. netmaster123

netmaster123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You mean great for sellers BAD FOR PUBLISHER like I said before I used to send traffic to their FIREFOX REFERAL and out of 100 clicks only 1 or two would convert, so imagine out of 100 clicks you only make $1 now if you would be getting paid per click 100 clicks would generate APROX $4 to $10.

I think that the PPA will decrease revenue for publishers, only certain NICHES will generate good money.

4. soju

soju Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I mean publishers. But as some one who sells a product, this has been so necessary for so long. I tried Adwords once and it was horrible. I lost a ton without generating more than a few sales. This new model is an obvious preference for people selling products.

soju, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  5. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope that they include some cookie or tracking method that makes certain you get commission for the traffic even if the visitor "purchases" not on the initial visit but on a later visit.

BILZ, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  6. netmaster123

Best Answers:
    Remember as an ADVERTISER is your job to make sure that your landing page CONVERTS.

So now anyone can make a crappy landing page, increase their traffic and if the site does not convert you still get a TON OF EYEBALLS in to your site without having to pay the PUBLISHERS.

I don't think that a lot of people really understand this but it will really suck for PUBLISHERS.

Just imagine if you have a MYSPACE resource site and you send a bunch of traffic to PPA sites, if MYSPACE visitors DO NOT CONVERT that you will not make any money, but still the ADVERTISER will get all the TRAFFIC.

REMEMBER THIS

80% Of Visitors DO NOT convert the first time visiting the advertiser

I understand that some AFFILIATE ADVERTISERS tell you that there is a 30 or 60 day tracking cookie but remember another thing.

A lot of Internet users clear their COOKIES and CACHE after the finish using the computer.

7. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If publishers aren't going to get much money from the other method PPA, then won't there be a decline in all the hoopla of wanting to be a publisher? How will you succeed?

I'm sleepy, goodnight!

Karen May Jones, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  8. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Everyone will have to rethink thier income produceing sites. Sound slike the days of slapping up a adsense ad site are coming to a end. You will have to have a site with affiliate program and adsense ads. this way you have chance to make money of some sale.

It also might mean alot of people switching to lower paying paid per click sites.

I know if i was selling product i would love per action instead. This might hurt affiliate program sites also. Why pay some company to host your affiliate program when google will do it for you.

rcj662, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  9. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If this will happened for sure many of their publishers will leave them and go to YPN or MSN , especially those who are making their fortune in PPC

PinoyIto, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  10. netdeals

netdeals Guest

Best Answers:
    Very Bad news.. We will certainly see a drop in revenue's.. :(

netdeals, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  11. netmaster123

Best Answers:
    That is what I think will happend, sites like Adbrite, YPN and other smaller PPC companies will get more publishers.

Like I mentioned in my last post AFFILIATE programs are awesome for certain sites, example if you are reviewing DIGITAL CAMERAS well it makes more sense to try to SELL CAMERAS through an affiliate program, now if you have an entertainment or other site or blog then PPC is the way to go.

As more and more advertisers get in to the PPA game more and more publisher with NON CONVERTING sites will have to move to other PPC sites.

12. klittl06

klittl06 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow... now I am really upset. Now somehow I gotta get YPN. : (

klittl06, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  13. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think if google takes this PPA over its' PPC, it will lose a TON of publishers, and YPN and MSN will take up the slack.

Hopefully those 2 will have their acts together by the time this all rolls around!

FanAddict, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  14. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with you... ofcourse advertiser will surely go to PPA instead of PPC because they surely not wasting their money... the only problem with this now is that when PPA take over PPC of PPC don't you think advertiser will leave other PPC company go to google new PPA program?

Clickbank will be then one of the best option for publishers, even they don't offer PPC but they provide better security to publisher I guess.

PinoyIto, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  15. netmaster123

Best Answers:
    I think that this will also hurt Googles revenue since there are a TON of low converting sites, so if PUBLISHERS do not make money neither will GOOGLE.

16. raje_2000_21

raje_2000_21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think google will solely depend on PPA ads only, this will ruin their affiliate program. Certainly there going to some change but not complete makeover.

raje_2000_21, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  17. adiace

adiace Active Member

Best Answers:
    Will the PPA ads be part of publishers Adsense Ads? Or something else?

adiace, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  18. netmaster123

Best Answers:

I think that you will be able to chose between regular ads and referals, but that is not the problem, the problems comes with PUBLISHER chosing to use PPA instead of PPC.

This I think will have a huge impact in the industry since they will ad a tracking code to their landing page, if the action is not completed YOU DON'T GET PAID.

19. motoxxx

motoxxx Peon

Best Answers:
    I would think that all kings eventually fall. This move for Google could be bad and I know that their recent inconsistent search results have had me and many people leaning to other SEs recently. However, Google is also big enough (duh!) to hire the smartest people in the biz. This would be a very carefully projected and calculated move on their part but at least in the short term would appear to be a benefit for YPN and MSN. Change is always difficult. When something seems to work well, why do they just keep messing with it?

motoxxx, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  20. netmaster123

Best Answers:
    Well don't get me wrong, there is a TON of money to be made with affiliate programs but it will not be so easy for new PUBLISHERS to make a decent buck, like I mentioned before with PPC you basically create content, promote your site and get the traffic this equals easy money, now with affiliates there is a lot more than you need to do to generate leads or sales, for example a regular NOT IN THE MOOD TO BUY surfer that clicks on your affiliates PPA ads will convert to CERO dollars so basically you will need to work harder to make money with affiliates.

If you look in this forum for example in the CJ or Azoogle area you will see that there are less people making good money now if you go to the ADSENSE forum you will seen a lot more SUCCESS STORIES with PPC programs.