1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So I wanna start a blog..how much will it cost me to maintain??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jojo2235, Mar 24, 2015.

Also, my intent is to earn an income from my blog I am going to make. How do you suggest I earn money from my blog?

Jojo2235, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  2. angelica c

angelica c Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How much research have you done!?
    How much work have you done!?
    It seems, as all you want is an answer... But you must remember, money will not find the way to you just like that!
    Look around you!
    How do others solve the same issue!? Get inspired!
    Inspiration is much more valuable than any answer in such thread!
    Good luck!!

angelica c, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  3. carot

carot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blogging can be done without any cost, through sites like Wordpress or Blogger, but if you want to monetize the site it’s advised to buy a domainname (10 bucks a year) and hosting (a few bucks a month).

How you can monetize your site is entirely up to you and the niche you’re in. Most common things are adsense, affiliate offers or own product creation.

carot, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  4. kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope Peon

Best Answers:
    It's very cheap to maintain a site, unless you start paying for things like SEO services. Like carot has said already, you'll pay around $10-$20 per year for a domain name and hosting which isn't expensive at all.

The biggest investment that you'll make is your time. The more time you spend researching and working on your blog, the more money you'll be able to make from it.

kaleidoscope, Mar 24, 2015 IP
    pianogirl likes this.
  5. angelica c

angelica c Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Let me add.
    My experience is that it takes at least one hour to write the short text. It sounds as a long time... I'm surprised myself! But it actually were true for me. Maybe there are some photos involved!? And you may want to edit those!? That hour is soon gone!

angelica c, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  6. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answer to OP's question is fairly straight forward lol...

sweetpea69, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  7. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In order capture reader attention, and retention, then you need something
    fantastic these days, and that does not matter what you are setting up, blog,
    forum.... whatever, and if you think about money first, then you fail first.
    Your site needs to be setup out of passion; once the passion is gone, then
    everything else will die, readers are not going to babysit you, nor will they
    care, they will just likely find another site; having a site long term,
    constant updates to stay relevant, and after all that...
    YOU STILL MAY NOT EARN A DIME!

This is not the first time someone just got a wild bug, and think they can just
    setup a site because they have seen some other popular site doing it, and
    whatever they done took years, and google is not as kind as they used to be....

Before you take any action spending money, time, and effort, then think long
    term goals and if this is something you want to ride out, and may never get anything....

or are you going to come back six months from now wondering why you have
    no traffic, and while you should have been working on your site, all we find out
    is all you been doing all this time was deciding what channel to watch on TV....

It is easy to say you want to make money.
    99.9% of the people that say that...
    Actually do nothing at all....
    No motivation, lazy, etc, etc...
    site closes....
    domain goes back on market....

good luck.

dscurlock, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  8. Tywest01

Tywest01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, you have to have something to sell! Be it a physical product or a skill set, people are not just going to give you money without you providing something of value. Did you have anything in mind when you think of making money off the internet?

For instance, I sell my web design skills. having a viable freelance skill and using your site to promote it is a great way to earn money. Is that something you can do? You can also become an affiliate of an established company and get paid by directing people to purchase their product or service.

Tywest01, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  9. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Same here, I just started out. It is a travel blog, and I only got one post until now. I'm thinking if I will still blog about my previous adventures or I will just focus on my future adventures? Anyway, I don't get much traffic until now, which is not surprising since I am still on the process of updating it. It is more like a personal blog but I want to get into ads, because I want to see how it works? Will it work for me? Is it okay to blog 3-4 times a year only??

Patricia Ann Lee, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  10. nard

nard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can put up a blog at no cost at all by signing up to blogger or WordPress for free. Signing up takes less than 3 minutes and you’ll be running your own blog in no time. If you want to earn money from it using ads then I suggest you sign up with Blogger since WordPress do not allow ‘free blogs’ to be monetized. You can however purchase you own custom domain from Godaddy, Namecheap etc. and put up a blog in there and then do what you want. I guess you can buy a domain for as low as $.99 from Godaddy provided you have a promo code. Install WordPress and bamm you now have a blog.!

nard, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  11. Shasta Arenburg

Shasta Arenburg Peon

Best Answers:
    The next query that people usually inquire soon after, “how do i earn cash using a blog ? ” is actually, “how extended is it planning to carry? ”. Nicely, let me just say this kind of, in the event that you are searching for an easy strategy to earn cash, blogging and site-building isn’t this. It takes time as well as working hard. As you're able notice in the graph down below this had taken myself a very long time prior to a tendency began shifting upwards. Yet, pertaining to greater than a calendar year When i seemed to be working at this about 10 hrs weekly. As well as don’t neglect When i didn’t realize anything at all about blogging and site-building, promoting, traffic generation, and many others after i began. In addition, you've got your amazing advantage involving reading this article write-up where I am going reveal almost all of the stuff Used to do to help develop that will upwards tendency noticed down below – i didn’t realize the initial calendar year.

Shasta Arenburg, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  12. Rope Media

Rope Media Member

Best Answers:
    Small costs involved to set up your own blog of creating, operating, and maintaining. True cost: spending time or spending money. I don’t recommend a free blogging platform for those who want a income...

Rope Media, Mar 25, 2015 IP