1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So are these indexed pages going to hurt my site SEO?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by GAdsense, Feb 8, 2017.

Hello,

I was about to launch my site, made with Wordpress. The domain is BedroomsDecor .com

Everything was ready and just before the launch, I noticed a lot of buggy URL's getting indexed by Google. For example mydomain.com/decoratingideasforfree.

Since these URL's appeared on write a site: search query, so I though these URL's are generating from my website due to some malicious code. After two weeks now, I've reinstalled the whole app from scratch. The URL's are still showing up. This was really time consuming and extremely tiring. However, I had to do it to take things a step further.

Now, please search in Google for my url as site:bedroomsdecor .com

You will know what kind of URL's I am talking about. Do I need to worry of these? As now I am sure it ain't getting index from my website but probably from certain spammy links.

Can I do something? This domain was probably registered way back in 1990's and it was then used for a spam site I think. But my intentions are to use it for a valuable high quality site. What do I need to do?

Can I launch without hesitation? Thanks.

GAdsense, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  2. Guntzenbach Conrad

Guntzenbach Conrad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In the world of SEO, there is no clear cut answer. A lot of things are based on assumptions and assumptions that turned out to be right. google gives only VERY few/vague hints.

Anyway, to answer your question:

1. From what I heard, yes, it affects your ranking.
    2. From MY OWN experience with all my websites, actually no, does not affect.

hehehe

Guntzenbach Conrad, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  3. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree there ain't a clear cut answer indeed. Maybe that's because there's literally thousands of factors affecting the whole algorithm. Well,. the reason I've asked the question here because there are a few really great SEO's at DigitalPoint too. I've worked as a SEO for long time but it's been sometime. So 6 years earlier, it used to affect rankings.

However, in my situation, I've purchased the domain fresh. So basically, I've left my day job to focus at this and willing to make things happen. So what do I do next? I've tried removing it from Google index via Search console url removal request but every time I do that, a couple new URL seems to show up.

So do you think the best strategy would be to launch the blog and maybe it won't affect my rankings? What's your take on this? I would probably want to work at this for 6 months day in and day out and sell it for a profit. So that I can initiate a number of projects at the same time. I am short of budget for now.

Thanks for answering, appreciate it.

GAdsense, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  4. Guntzenbach Conrad

Guntzenbach Conrad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont think this sort of thing would affect your ranking.

As I observed, each of those URL has an independent page. Its not that they are broken links (this will affect).

To google, it will just be an "extra small" landing page.

Guntzenbach Conrad, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  5. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Alright, that's really a sigh of relief to hear. Hope it works out that way. Actually, when we used to sell websites people did seem to consider the number of indexed URL's. So I was just afraid that it won't be a problem then. As someone may think of these URL's as bad ones.

Each URL has an independent page but why would Google not consider this a broken link? At least the links are not generating from the site itself, I understand that. But if Google crawls those pages and found them to be a 404, then it would be a problem, right?

Anyways, after having spent almost a month on solving issues. Specially because I thought it was a malicious code issue, I thought so because somethings with a plugin went wrong. That's why. But now having setup the whole site again, I will have to write content again but I am up for it.

Let's do this. Thanks again brother, whoever you are, I thank you for your kindness to share your thoughts, experience and helping me solve my problem. Stay blessed :)

GAdsense, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  6. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    I have just launched with faith! :) You might want to leave a comment on my first post about Bedroom Design Inspiration, sharing a few basic tricks for a home decor.

GAdsense, Feb 10, 2017 IP
  7. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Apologies for replying to an old thread, but were you able to get rid of the buggy URLs? I just did a site: search for your website URL and it looks like the problem is solved. How did you fix it? I'm running into a similar problem on one of my sites.

rosiee007, May 18, 2017 IP
  8. brajeshyadav

brajeshyadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Yes, if you staging server URL has index on google then it will create a problem. When google will show your original page then it will duplicate with your staging server page. So i will suggest you to de-index all pages and then try to index original URL ASAP.

brajeshyadav, May 22, 2017 IP
  9. indiainteract01

indiainteract01 Member

Best Answers:
    Deindexed these urls, these are not good for your website. You can use google webmaster tolls to remove these urls.

indiainteract01, Jun 25, 2017 IP