1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So, any discounts or benefits for DP's Own threads as the ad?

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by Ausdrez, Jan 16, 2011.

The title pretty much says it all. If we want to target a thread/post link of DP's own via the ads, will/should we get some sort of discount or benefits?

Ideally, it should. Since the visitor will never leave the site and never having to follow any external link, I guess that is somewhat a nice factor for DP. The visitor is only shifting to one part of another of DP in fact, have more probability of turning the visitor into a "loyal visitor" if he find something good on the target thread. He is more supposed to be regular and use DP more and more.

So, the advertisers should get discounts for advertising Digital point itself via their own money, shouldn't they?

Ausdrez, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, sorry... pricing isn't based on the destination URL. If you want have visitors visit your site, go for it. :) Aside from it being a very rare case, it adds overhead and additional complexity to the system that isn't really worth it in my opinion.

digitalpoint, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  3. Ausdrez

Ausdrez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm...I can understand it being a rare case. Seriously, who would like to advertise someone's else website instead of his own. (Except for my case, where I feel having more business via DP stuff).

Ok, so finally not implementing discount it in system, but something to encourage Advertiser's to use DP as the destination URL, on a rather manual level? If it's possible at all. Like the same way, you allow more links in signature of DP's URLs than external links - purely because of preferring visitors going more to DP than external links. By the same logic, some sort of encouragement should be there for ads too. :)

Ausdrez, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Mmmm... The only way I can think of doing it would also just add complexity to the ad creation process, which more than anything, I'd rather keep as simple as possible. Trying to explain or have two completely different pricing models based on the desination URL just seem more complicated than it's worth.

On top of it, how do you handle the fact it's a market driven bid system? Somehow allow lower bids to be valued higher based on destination URL? Just seems overly complex for everyone when it's something so rarely used.

digitalpoint, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  5. Ausdrez

Ausdrez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess then, the only reward for this is the "Feel Good" factor that we are advertising DP on DP itself and somewhat, doing good. :)

Thanks for heads up.

Ausdrez, Jan 16, 2011 IP