1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

snapnames: vaxis bidding

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Zapita, Aug 19, 2005.

hi, this is the first time i try to catch a domain, it's one that was practically stolen from us a couple years ago, i want it because i developed it, loved the site and met lots of friendly people there, it was registered at netsol so snapnames was the option, now the auction started and went from $80 to over $200 @_@ and the higher bidder is "Vaxis" i was reading it's a company in hong kong who is not even gonna develop the site and will end up putting a stupid portal to catch clicks, i can't bid much more than that (i tell you, i want it because i loved it, not because i intend to become rich with it).

Anyone knows about that bidder?? should i try to catch it or definitely give up on my beloved domain? :(

thanks

Zapita, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  2. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the key is "a couple years ago", if the site hasn't been what you developed for a couple years, the "name" you had isn't worth it. (especially if it's over your budget) Pick a new name, let it become your new beloved domain :)

alph, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Nothing you can do, you lost the domain and now the new owner will be the one who bid the most.

fryman, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  4. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really love the domain, now is the time to bid for it. If vaxis pay $200 for it through an auction - their price for selling it to you is likely to be considerably more than that.

Could you elaborate on this a little. I'm interested in what people perceive as stealing domains.

norfstar, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  5. Zapita

Zapita Active Member

Best Answers:
    The site has been dead since then :/

the bid ended up vaxis vs. magicman (who won), and the price was over $2 thousand and a half, i don't know how could have that value if it's been over two years since it has had nothing in it.

I had a "partnership" with this person, both had full acess to the server and domains (at register.com), then he delayed some payments but we were "still cool" and planning new projects, some day suddenly i couldn't access the server neither the password at register.com worked, we ended up in a huge argument, i could rescue the data i cared the most, but he had already changed the domain info and register.com wasn't kind enough to help me :/ and everything was only to not give me the delayed payments... there wasn't a signed contract, and from then i learned in that kind of projects is better to sign up a contract to protect myself and have a legal record of what things i own, and NEVER share the password of my domains.

oh well, had to learn the hard way :(

Zapita, Aug 21, 2005 IP