1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SMS Marketing is good for business promotion or not?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by alex_camus, Dec 21, 2014.

Please share your view.

alex_camus, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  2. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope. That's a whole new level of communication and that's why people feel that SMS spam is really intrusive. People take SMS personally, because it's not random spam messages that they get in their email.

I think it's a waste of time and an illegal one in many countries and states.

Alex Toll, Dec 24, 2014 IP
  3. Jayso06

Jayso06 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think SMS marketing is becoming more popular nowadays. It's becoming more effective than email marketing since most customers are on their phones 24/7. Many business owners use SMS software to reach their customers, either to promote their product/services or to know their feedbacks/complaints. For customers, it makes them feel good when the business owner takes time to check on them.

Jayso06, Feb 16, 2017 IP
  4. emmaback

emmaback Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, email marketing works much beter for me

emmaback, Feb 17, 2017 IP
  5. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    To help you realize the full prospective of SMS promotion, we’ve detailed some of its advantages here.

1. It’s time efficient

Email promotion is amazing. It’s free, it’s effective, and it’s easy to do. But being seated and composing an e-mail needs time, and that’s one thing many of you don’t have. A written text is made up of only 140 figures, and most of us have plenty of your a chance to part a phrase together and deliver it out. If you don’t, it might the perfect for you to think about choosing an assistant!

2. It’s affordable

SMS promotion is not as expensive as you may think it is. With Appropriate, SMS information price around $0.095 – $0.15 each based on where you stay, and other devoted SMS promotion suppliers are within a identical cost variety.

If you’re doubtful about SMS promotion, you could try it first with your VIP record. Delivering an SMS strategy to a record of 100 of your best clients will price you about $12. If 1 out of 100 clients requires you up on the sale, you will have protected your price. In this example, that will make for a transformation amount of 1%, although most SMS strategies have a transformation amount that’s nearer to 8%.

3. Short information are to the point

With SMS promotion, your concept is to the factor, rather than being hidden in a 600 term e-mail. Although there is a moment and place for both, SMS promotion is better designed for special provides, fast up-dates, and time-sensitive provides.

4. Greater start rates

It’s not unusual to have several unread information in your e-mail mailbox, but most people will study a written text in no time of its appearance. Research reveal that 98% of sms information will be started out, and most will be within the first 3 moments of being obtained. This is a extreme impact on e-mail marketing’s regular start amount of 19.91% in the elegance and personal care market.

5. Greater transformation rates

Conversion prices regular on 8.22% for SMS promotion, which is far more than e-mail with its 1.73% regular transformation amount. SMS marketing’s budget and high achievements amount makes it one of the more significant resources in your promotion tool kit.

6. Product positioning

All of your business’s actions improve your brand identification. By using SMS promotion, you’re placing yourself another step forward of the remaining. You’re informing your clients that you’re technical smart and up with the styles. You’re displaying them that you’re willing to try new and easier ways of interacting with them.

robinymym, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  6. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it as an effective way of promoting your products/services/business. It's an old-fashioned marketing for me as nowadays, there a lot of internet marketing strategies to choose from.

Pamela Turns, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  7. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any communication is good for business. Adding SMS to business communication then would be good. Having email, IM, SMS, social media, contact center would then be ideal as that would give people different options to contact.

Milliardo, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  8. rajmehta

rajmehta Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think Email Marketing is best for marketing.

I don't use sms marketing. So its a No from me.

rajmehta, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  9. vanloimmo

vanloimmo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nope. i think email marketing is more better

vanloimmo, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  10. DynaDotRep

DynaDotRep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally have never taken an sms offer up... but I have plenty of email marketing offers.

DynaDotRep, Feb 28, 2017 IP
  11. riyacse

riyacse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    50% of the business only got good response in SMS marketing??

riyacse, Feb 28, 2017 IP
  12. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally do not like it but totally depends on who you are targeting, I was targeting dairy farmers for a campaigns and one of the most successful methods was SMS marketing because it was low tech, efficient and they literally live on their phones but not tech savvy.

Mehdi.b, Feb 28, 2017 IP
    daronch likes this.
  13. daronch

daronch Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do get slightly annoyed at unsolicited sms, but can't deny that they do effectively get your message to your intended recipient directly. So if done well, it should be good for promotional purposes for your business.

daronch, Mar 1, 2017 IP
  14. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    SMS Marketing could be great if you have a physical store and only targeting a specific market. But that's the end of it.

Anitasol, Mar 2, 2017 IP
  15. Hybirid

Hybirid Member

Best Answers:
    Less effective than email marketing.

Hybirid, Mar 2, 2017 IP
  16. Faithethel

Faithethel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SMS Marketing, Maybe Yes. not like Email marketing but it can Help to spread promotional messages new product updates or more information.

Faithethel, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  17. Samaira Kapoor

Samaira Kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did SMS marketing to promote my small business. Eventually my overall feedback was that its not more than 2-3% result, which made me very upset.

Samaira Kapoor, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  18. GeekerM000

GeekerM000 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did SMS campaigning locally and at end, I got good response.

GeekerM000, Mar 7, 2017 IP
  19. riyacse

riyacse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But SMS Marketing not enough good for the online business. many of the users will be omit this kind of marketing SMS.

riyacse, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  20. orangeedu

orangeedu Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it's helping your business with SMS marketing to reduce costs with SMS alerts & reminders. Feature packed, fast, secure, and reliable.

orangeedu, Mar 21, 2017 IP