1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Smoking

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FireStorM, Jan 22, 2007.

1. horvath

horvath Banned

Best Answers:
    smokers will soon rule the world.....

horvath, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  2. falcondriver

falcondriver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so it is just like weed but legal, very addictive and with terrible side effects. :)

falcondriver, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  3. movingconcierge

movingconcierge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your forgot the rest:
    ...with an IRON.....lung. :p

movingconcierge, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  4. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think smoking is stupid and pointless. It's a waste of money, and all you're doing is hurting yourself by smoking. Why pay money to kill yourself?!

Computerized, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  5. Rhythm

Rhythm Peon

Best Answers:
    I really can't stand smoke i'm very sensitive to it so when I smell it I have to leave. I am now known as the smoke detector :rolleyes: My dad is a heavy smoker and he is absolutely miserable 24/7 because of his smoking *sigh

Rhythm, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  6. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No it is not so much like weed , weed is more harmful to health

FireStorM, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  7. movingconcierge

movingconcierge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Weed isn't more harmful is you smoke it through a water pipe. The water filters out the tar...er umm so I hear....

movingconcierge, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    At least weed get's you high though :D It's actually the tabocca mixed with the weed which causes the addiction in most cases.

dcristo, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Depends on usage. Weed is used for medicinal purposes too :rolleyes:

dcristo, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  10. The Rock

The Rock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think Smoking habit is totally depends upon Nature & Habits of your Friend circle and your society. If your friends smoke then they ask you to smoke and in friend indeed you also start smoking.

The Rock, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  11. parad0x

parad0x Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was a smoker for over 6 years. Tried quiting several times. Not smoking for 16 days now. Hope I won't start again. If you think you can't ever quit smoking, know that it will quit you one day and that day will come quick trust me :) . For me, days are going much slow now. I remember the day I said "I will quit next year", at that time, I still had a year to quit but time passed real quick. First days are hard, you always think about smoking but think it as a test that you must pass to earn your own trust. If you fail on this, you would also fail on every branch of life. If you can't hold yourself even for 2 weeks, you suck :rolleyes: . It is known that the addiction will end in 3 months max. It is around 1 monts for me. I just remember the good old days but not the nicotine any more after a month. Last time I quit was for 1 month. This time I hope I quit for good.

parad0x, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  12. FireStorM

Best Answers:
    Hey thats a nice thing to do , you have started this year with a great resolution . I wish u all the best

FireStorM, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  13. WestWing999

WestWing999 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't smoke but I am able to tolerate being around friends that smoke. When I was in my late teens I remember being in a friends house playing pool down his cellar, there was at least 15 people there, all smoking. You could barely see the guy next to you.

WestWing999, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  14. FireStorM

Best Answers:
    Lol thats funny , ppl can even die with so much smoke in the air

15. CliveAnderson

CliveAnderson Peon

Best Answers:
    I am probably going to get ridiculed here but it is not as you may NORMALLY think.

I am 44 years old and smoked for over thirty years of my life. The one thing about smoking is there is always the option to give up. Maybe an option but what could possibly be the reason, after all is it not great and highly enjoyable?

I am now in my ninth week without a cigarette and have to say the benefits thus far, far outweigh the alternative.

I gave up for several reasons and in my heart I am determined not to go back. I had absolutely no idea how much it smelt for one thing, sure I always had people say but what about the smell but as a smoker it really didn't smell that bad.

But now when I smell someone's breath who has just had a ciggy or are near them I can hardly refrain myself from walking away.

I was even in a relationship with a woman for 14 years who didn't smoke. I wonder now how must she have felt, she never moaned or complained about it at all.

Apart from the pong it leaves obviously there is the condition it so often leaves the smoker with.

• Low on money to save or spend
    • Lying on a hospital bed wishing they had quit years ago.
    • Breathless and gasping for breath after just carrying out a small duty.
    • Teeth and breath that can kill at 50 yards.
    • A huge decorating bill to get the yellow ceilings painted white again.

As far as I am concerned it is a free world and I say live and let live but I have to tell you there is nothing in this world that beats the feeling of not smoking.

It opens up complete new doorways, that were often as a smoker steered clear of completely.

I used to hate flying, nothing to do with going on a plane but just because I couldn't smoke.

I used to hate going to the Cinema. Same reason. Whats the point in going to see a great film when I couldn't enjoy it.

I used to hate going around my relatives. Couldn't smoke in their houses as they didn't smoke or had small children.

And so the list goes on.

I'm not trying to put anyone off of smoking as I truly believe that a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. It has to be something within each and every smoker to say either they continue or find a big enough reason to quit.

Kind Regards

Clive Anderson

CliveAnderson, Jan 24, 2007 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  16. maney

maney Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you enjoy it and can respect the fact that other people who choose not to smoke shouldn't have to inhale your smoke then why not? Its your choice and its not effecting other people. May aswell die at 60 as 85. I'm not a smoker by the way :D

maney, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  17. FireStorM

Best Answers:
    No i think Smokers die earlier .

18. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I smoked for 9 years after hating it for all of my life.

Luckily I quit almost 5 months ago. I honestly didn't feel much better until recently ... I'm starting to get a stronger breath, etc. it sucks knowing that in High School I played Football, Baseball and worked out like crazy on my off days and now I can't even run too long because of the heart palpitations and irregular heartbeats I developed from smoking.

My grandfather smoked from the age of 8 until he was 80 ... while some people in my family [fathers side] (smokers of course) believe that he was healthy even after smoking -- they somehow missed the fact that it decreased his heart rate so badly that he had to get a pacemaker because he would pass out from dizzy spells (heart beat was too slow).

My uncle died of a massive heart attack at the age of 50 ...2 of my dads uncles died in their 40's of heart related problems from smoking.

2 uncles who both quit died of Cancer (lung and brain) ... but Cancer also seems to "run in the family" as my grandfather (moms side) was VERY healthy and walked up and down a 1/2 mile UPHILL driveway 4-5 times a day and then some until the day he passed away from Lymphoma.

Smoking is a HORRIBLE habit and I can't say enough to people about the heart related complications that seem to affect peoples lives.

People always make me laugh when they tell me "you don't understand" and "it relaxes me" haha... WOW is that the absolute, most "RETARDED" answer I've ever heard in my life.

Smoking actually raises your blood pressure from constricting the blood vessels. How does this calm you down? It speeds up your heart rate in a negative way.

Ahhhh I'm ranting now but damn I can't say enough negative things about the habit.

I remember people telling me how bad I smelled after smoking ... but of course smokers don't smell themselves in a negative way because they're used to it. But now I almost vomit when my sister walks near me because she smells like an ash tray - literally (which I never understood until now!).

The taste of food is great ... Apples and Oranges actually taste GOOD!

Yeah, I gained a few LBS. Actually, I gained about 13 LBS but I am losing it now because the fact that I feel healthier has me eating healthier and I feel great now.

People just don't understand how great it feels to NOT be a smoker because they believe their heart is not being affected or they "don't care" ... yeah, neither did I -- until I was 24 in the emergency room from a heart rate that gave me lectures about being on speed. No BS!

My heart skipped a beat several times in the room and I thought I was going to die ... now it's almost a monthly thing - although they're alot less frequent now. ;)

clenard, Jan 24, 2007 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  19. chaoward

chaoward Peon

Best Answers:

Exactly, it's a choice of Lifestyle. I don't know what people think they are going to accomplish by getting on their soap box and telling everyone how horrible smoking is. Anyone in their right mind knows the facts, including smokers.

chaoward, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  20. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I gave up smoking after years and years. I haven't had a fag for about nine months now and I'm still crawling up the walls. A friend said that if you're a smoker and you give up, you're still a smoker but you just haven't had a cigarette for a long time. I know people who've gone back to it after 15 years it's that addictive. The worst thing is that I've put on weight and I feel as if my health is worse than it was when I was a smoker. This seems extremely unfair when other ex-smokers are saying they feel much better. On the plus side I've saved a regular amount of money each week and it's this that stops me going back on the weed. What a good job I'm so mean! I never realised it myself until this last year but it would really hurt now to spend money on tobacco.

Trisha, Jan 25, 2007 IP