1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Smart Pricing FAQ

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tlainevool, Dec 14, 2006.

I've posted a smart pricing FAQ, and I'd love to get everyone's opinion on it. Hopefully it will reduce some of the confusion surrounding smart pricing.

tlainevool, Dec 14, 2006 IP
    MKInfo likes this.
  2. bnts

bnts Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh that's lovely..I actually started a thread with a question on smart pricing a few weeks back but din't get a good answer. You article really help me understand it better.

Cheers,
    bnts

bnts, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  3. tgo

tgo Peon

Best Answers:
    No offense but i believe this info is a bit old. I run many websites and see a entirely different eCPM for all sites. I have sites in many niches and see that some can have a 12 clicks for 4.00 while others take 40 clicks to do the same. I see this on individual pages as well within the same site. One page of mine gets 1$ clicks daily but others on the site get almost nothing with the same clicks and the same style pages.

Not to say you are wrong in this, i just think google has changed some things since this was first thought of.

tgo, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  4. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    You can, and will, have different eCPMs for different sites. That's natural. A site about mortgages will have a very high CPC while a site about arcade games will have a low CPC. Just because your whole account is smart priced, doesn't mean the CPC or eCPM will be the same for each site. What it means is that the reduction in CPC will be the same across all sites.

tlainevool, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  5. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice Article..
    That was a real help to understand the issue.

Abhik, Dec 14, 2006 IP