1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Small pages or big pages?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by cdx, Sep 15, 2004.

Hi!

I have in my site few pages that review 'attractions' for tourist in paris.
    What is better for higher ranking in google - to have a BIG page about ALL the attractions in a specific area, or split 10 attractions into 10 different pages- so the text will be the same, but every attraction in different page...

- I am tending to go for the small pages, because than I will be able to link each page to all the other pages... do u agree ?

Guy.

cdx, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    If you have enough for the ten small pages that would be my preference. I hate long long pages. Prefer to try to fit information on single screen wherever possible.

Shannnon

Smyrl, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  3. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quote from Google guidelines page (http://www.google.co.nz/webmasters/guidelines.html)

"Don't create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content"

I would suggest that the 10 different pages would be better than one big page, both for your users and possibly for the search engine going through your site. We all know that Google loves content!
    BUT, try and make all ten pages different so that they have substantially different content, so that Google doesn't consider the 10 pages as a SPAMMING technique and doesn't block you out!

dfsweb, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    A. Ten small pages.
    B. One big page.
    C. Ten big pages.

C -- definitely C. :)

The most important rule is that each page should be targeted towards one specific key phrase. That phrase should be the filename, it should be in the page title, it should be in the H1, H2, H3, and body text. That phrase should define the page.

To do that successfully, we go to rule #2: Lots of useful content per page.

So, A is better than B, but C is best.

Will.Spencer, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  5. eddie

eddie snowrider

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree with Will 10 big pages I would think if you have 10 diff attractions you should be able to change the content enough on each page to get around the duplicate content rule

eddie, Sep 19, 2004 IP
  6. mortgage-pro-seo

mortgage-pro-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    10 Pages allows you to craft your titile tags best. Good title tags and backlinks = good serps

mortgage-pro-seo, Sep 25, 2004 IP
  7. Monsieur

Monsieur Peon

Best Answers:
    And of course you'ld also have ten more pages from which you could link to your index page.

Monsieur, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  8. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I agree, but suppose the 10 big pages can each be split a bit to make them more niche, then there would be a choice D i.e. 40 small pages (or some other such number). A and B are comparable choices when it comes to the total amount of content. But C can only be compared to D. I assume we would choose D. :)
    Ajeet

Ajeet, Sep 26, 2004 IP