1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Small Monthly Subscriptions + Online Credit Card Authorization?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by enfest, Oct 31, 2006.

I'm building a website to buy Christmas presents in advance by allowing low income families to pay for them in small payments over a long period of time.

So if a father wants to buy a big present for Jimmy (like an Xbox360), they would pay 40 weekly payments and it arrives the week before christmas.

My question is I need to do this in a subscription model, and each weekly payment would be pretty small like $5 to $8 (but would increase as the date gets closer to Christmas)...

What's the best online authorization service to use (i.e. authorize.net or paypal) for small reoccuring weekly payments? I know the smaller the payment on the credit card, the more these authorization services charge...please help!

Thanks in advanced

enfest, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  2. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Depending on your location, a merchant account with an electronic payment gateway (LinkPoint, Authorizenet.com, Verisign's Payflow) might be a bit easier in the long run. Authorizenet.com will charge you about $25.00 a month to use their recurring billing module and then you still have to sign in and make the transaction recurring.

With the LinkPoint free recurring billing module, you can use the APi to start the recurring billing. I would recommend trying to get the transaction fee down to maybe $.20 and using the LinkPoint gateway's recurring billing module, you won't have to pay AVS on any recurring transactions.

Corey Bryant, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  3. ddanger

ddanger Peon

Best Answers:
    you will definately need to seek advice from any merchant processor in question. i know for a fact you cannot bill via paypal for goods not sent within 30 days. other processors will refuse to be open to liability for such a long period (40 weeks).

ddanger, Nov 1, 2006 IP