1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Small Adeord Campaign

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by DTGraffix, Dec 7, 2015.

I'm thinking of setting up a small adword campaign for my website DTGRAFFIX, I sell discontinued VW Camper Van Decals/Stickers and was thinking of doing a £100 campaign to generate sales .. To test the waters so too speak. while I have a professional do a 15 week SEO phase, my question is would this be worth it? Or am I better investing the £100 into more SEO. I was thinking of capping it at £5 per day which gives me a 20 day campaign .... If I could get 10 sales on my full sets the ROI could be between £500-1200. So again is it worth it? I'm completely new to Adwords never used it ... So if someone could shed any light on this, that would be great?

DTGraffix, Dec 7, 2015 IP
  2. DTGraffix

DTGraffix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can someone just confirm if this is worth it for my type of business as I'm still in two minds ... Or would it be better investing the money into high authority link building? Thanks

DTGraffix, Dec 8, 2015 IP
  3. Jeffr2014

Jeffr2014 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry pal, nobody can answer this type of question. There are just too many unknowns, the answer depends on demand for your services, competition, how your prices compare to competition, etc. As for extra £100 for SEO campaign, well it wouldn't make much difference anyway. It is very difficult for small vendors to do effective SEO these days... aside from site optimization and improvements there is very little one can do today. Most SEO companies claiming to be "white" do "grey hat" SEO at best. Many still do "black hat" without thinking of consequences for their clients. With constant changes to Google algorithms, they are better and better tracking down SEO tricks and invalidating them. You can invest thousands of dollars in SEO today and (if you are lucky) get some results 6 months later. Considering that clients don't understand this, SEO companies try to deliver something "quick and dirty". Depending on their level of expertise, you are just going to see either very sort term results or no results at all. Sadly, these short term results could backfire later on (when Google catches you) and result in lost traffic and sales.

I am speaking from experience here, we had to spend a lot of money cleaning up all SEO sh*t that we did in 2012-14. Trust me, we were very conservative and only did "grey hat" stuff... At the end, it cost us 3 times more to get rid of SEO traces than what we paid for it.:(

Jeffr2014, Dec 10, 2015 IP
  4. DTGraffix

DTGraffix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm very sorry to hear that buddy, but at least your back on track now :). As for the Adwords campaign I deceided to hold back for a while and focus on my site content. I am having SEO done at the moment off a very reputable freelancer and so far so good .. But as for Google I'm already on first page of Google for some of my keywords and this is intact that my competition is minimal .. I have only found 3 low grade competitors who sell 1 or 2 of the products I sell as my inventory is quite vast now for such things and I'm constantly adding new products. The reason for me doing well in Google, is because the products I sell are discontinued many years ago ... And my targeted audience is specific. I'm already making sales and I only started to build my website 2 months ago .. In fact I just got a sale 1 hour ago :). I have also been contacted by a huge magazine company in my niche for an editorial article for April 2016 :) which is a massive achievement for me. And I've just sent an awesome email campaign to my previous customers before the rebrand. So all in all I think I'm doing great ... As December is a bad month for any niche unless it's Xmas related or retail haha! I target a lot of restoration garages which seems to paying off massively with repeat orders all the time :). I am and will try an Adwords campaign ... At some point in the new year ... Thanks for your advice tho buddy it's very much appreciated.
    Regards

DTGraffix, Dec 10, 2015 IP