1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Slow Website Problem, how i increase spped?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by help_me, Feb 17, 2007.

I put small flash in one of my website some time when i open through dial-up internet connection flash is not open and sone other part also not open it means not a full page open, please tell me what can i do for this problem, plz don`t suggestion me to remove flash or photoshop file from page beacose it is necessary

help_me, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  2. Your Content

Your Content Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want to speed up the page without removing your files the only solution is upgrade your connection to ADSL or broadband.

There is no way to optimize loading time for flash or other multimedia files, nor heavy load graphics, except for preloading scripts that do not help that much.

You could use a splash page with a warning dial-up asking for loading patience, and/or providing an alternate plain version without the rings and bells for people whose connection to the Internet is really slow.

Your Content, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  3. nwk

nwk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should optimize your website for dial-up users also. For that you must minimize the size(kb) of the flash.
    If you really need animation and your animation is not complex you can make such animations in image-ready and get compressed so that its of small size.

nwk, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  4. sketch

sketch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Without seeing what you have, we're just shooting in the dark. But here's some things to look into:

- Keep as much text live as possible. If you require a non-web font, embed only the characters you need.
    - Preload scripts CAN work if done properly; you can make it preload just a portion of the flash and hope the rest loads while your visitors browse, or add extra code to determine what speed your visitor has and download a portion depending on that.
    - If you're including bitmap images, compress them as much as you can OUTSIDE of Flash; yes, this will take more time but you'll have more control over the compression.
    - Re-use as many elements as possible; I ALWAYS create a 20x20 pixel movie clip that I can tint, resize, etc. to create lines, backgrounds, button masks, etc.
    - Regarding nwk's ImageReady tip, it's not just the complexity but the object being animated; if it's a vector shape or text, keep it in Flash, no matter how complex (unless you're using effects or weird transformations).

sketch, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  5. RingBoxer

RingBoxer Peon

Best Answers:
    At this time most of users use ADSL connections. So, I don't think that it will be a problem. Of course, if your users use dial-up connection you should remove Flash :-(...

RingBoxer, Feb 19, 2007 IP